VB6 / Access - Error 2202 (No Printer Installed) When Opening Report in Design View
Author Message
 VB6 / Access - Error 2202 (No Printer Installed) When Opening Report in Design View

Hi I'm using VB6 to open and modify reports in Access 2000. I have however
come across an issue with Access which is causing me problems. Using the
code below to open a report in design view so I can alter it's contents is
fine EXCEPT if the computer your running it on doesn't have any printers
installed in which case I get error 2202 - No Printer Installed. Is this
some sort of limitation of Access that you can't open reports in design mode
unless you have printers installed? Is there a way round this?

Set accApp = New Access.Application
accApp.OpenCurrentDatabase strDBPath, True
accApp.DoCmd.OpenReport ("Report By Date"), acViewDesign, ("Report By Date")

Thanks
David.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:53:38 GMT
 VB6 / Access - Error 2202 (No Printer Installed) When Opening Report in Design View
Reports are associated with a printer (either the default printer or a
specific printer), because that has an impact on acceptable margins,
available fonts, and so on. You'll have to install a printer, even if it's
not physically attached to the computer.

FWIW, Word is the same way.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:
> Hi I'm using VB6 to open and modify reports in Access 2000. I have however
> come across an issue with Access which is causing me problems. Using the
> code below to open a report in design view so I can alter it's contents is
> fine EXCEPT if the computer your running it on doesn't have any printers
> installed in which case I get error 2202 - No Printer Installed. Is this
> some sort of limitation of Access that you can't open reports in design
mode
> unless you have printers installed? Is there a way round this?

> Set accApp = New Access.Application
> accApp.OpenCurrentDatabase strDBPath, True
> accApp.DoCmd.OpenReport ("Report By Date"), acViewDesign, ("Report By
Date")

> Thanks
> David.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:21:22 GMT

1. Designing forms in VB6 vs Access

2. Access macro/report in VB6 w/o installing access

3. Access 97 can't open text files after installing VB6

4. Error on opening Access 2000 DB on fresh install

5. Error Opening Report from VB6

6. Using and opening Access MDB report in VB6

7. ISAM error when VB6 SP4 exe tries to open access file

8. VB6 vs Excel vs Access...

9. VB6 vs Excel vs Access...

10. Access 2.0/Crystal Reports 4.0 - Can't Open Database Error

11. M = Design(x,y,z) /vs/ Design x,y,z

12. open report in design view without showing on screen