Could not open macro storage!!!!!!!!!!
Author Message
 Could not open macro storage!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am totally freaking out!

I am using Word 2000 and my template has been working great on my machine,
as well as others.  I sent the latest-and-greatest to a colleague to have
them try it out and when they tried to launch it they got this error message
"Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine."
Clicking OK opened up this error "Run-time error 5981: Could not open macro
storage".  Basically, the template opens, but none of the zillion macros are
working.

I tried the template on a second machine and I am getting the same results,
although it still works fine on my machine where I created it.

Any ideas what this 'object' could be that it talks about??  Has this ever
happened to anyone??  I haven't made any crazy changes, so I don't
understand what is going on?

Help ...

--
Thanks in advance!
Laura

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:04:20 GMT
 Could not open macro storage!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the 'premature' post.  I found an article on the MVP website that
explains what to do ("Microsoft Forms: Could not load an object because it
is not available on this machine" by Dave Rado).

So far it looks like it's going to solve the problem.

What would I do without the MVPs????

--
Thanks in advance!
Laura

Quote:
> Ok, I am totally freaking out!

> I am using Word 2000 and my template has been working great on my machine,
> as well as others.  I sent the latest-and-greatest to a colleague to have
> them try it out and when they tried to launch it they got this error
message
> "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine."
> Clicking OK opened up this error "Run-time error 5981: Could not open
macro
> storage".  Basically, the template opens, but none of the zillion macros
are
> working.

> I tried the template on a second machine and I am getting the same
results,
> although it still works fine on my machine where I created it.

> Any ideas what this 'object' could be that it talks about??  Has this ever
> happened to anyone??  I haven't made any crazy changes, so I don't
> understand what is going on?

> Help ...

> --
> Thanks in advance!
> Laura

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:42:05 GMT

1. Could not open macro storage error: 5891

2. could not open macro storage

3. Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage

4. Could Not Open Macro Storage

5. Could not open macro storage

6. 5981 could not open macro storage error

7. error - Could not open macro storage

8. Could not open macro storage error.

9. COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE

10. Could Not Open Macro Storage

11. Urgent: Could not open macro storage

12. 5981 Error : Could not open Macro Storage