Problem opening Excel Addin with Excel application object
Author Message
 Problem opening Excel Addin with Excel application object

I have compiled an Excel 95 module sheet into a .xla addin. I am trying to
use the Auto_Open() routine of a custom workbook to add, install, and open
the addin and am using the Auto_Close() routine to uninstall the addin
because no other workbooks will need it.
I am opening my custom workbook from Access using an Excel application
object.
However, Auto_Open() hangs whenever I reference the Addin object or Addins
collection (whenever I try to open the workbook with Access via the Excel
object). The auto_open method runs fine when I open the workbook normally.

Has anyone experienced this? Am I using Excel Addins wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with opening Excel after opening Excel inside Microsoft Internet Controls

2. Open Excel File (Excel.Application)

3. Detecting EOF for Excel file using Excel Application Object

4. excel.application object pointing to second open window

5. Help: Need advise on turning VB Addin into Excel Addin

6. Problem with MsExcel 97 SR-2 Excel.Application object in VB98

7. Problem with MsExcel 97 SR-2 Excel.Application object in VB98

8. Problem with MsExcel 97 SR-2 Excel.Application object in VB98

9. Linking to Excel - many Excel processes left open?

10. Opening an excel file through a form/running excel macros through access

11. Refresh Access/Excel connection when Excel opened

12. Excel file opened in IE3 - on one machine starts Excel, others does not