Outlook 2000 rules wizard
Author Message
 Outlook 2000 rules wizard

Hi, all!

Hope somebody can help me.
I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1. Most of my mail is sorted by Rules Wizard.
It does job just fine. But there is some kind of e-mails which i'd like
to "move to some folder & immediately mark as read". It is easy to do
the first but how to do the second part?
May be it can be achieved by VBA macros or some add-ins?

remove .no.spam from email to get real address

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:31:34 GMT
 Outlook 2000 rules wizard
See if MarkRead helps:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#markread

Quote:
> Hi, all!

> Hope somebody can help me.
> I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1. Most of my mail is sorted by Rules Wizard.
> It does job just fine. But there is some kind of e-mails which i'd like
> to "move to some folder & immediately mark as read". It is easy to do
> the first but how to do the second part?
> May be it can be achieved by VBA macros or some add-ins?

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 19:28:36 GMT
 Outlook 2000 rules wizard
here you go ... enjoy
you might need to customize and shorten but you have wat you need

Public Sub MoveItemsToFolder()
Dim myOlApp, myNameSpace As Object
Dim myAddressList, myAddressEntries, myAddressEntry As Object
Dim EmailAddress, UserName, Item, Sel, DestinationFolder As Object

Dim I, J, MyCount, response As Integer
Dim FoundFlag As Boolean
Dim DestinationFolderName As String

Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set myNameSpace = myOlApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

DestinationFolderName = InputBox("Provide the Exact name of the -
Destination Folder", "Folder Name rquested", DestinationFolderName)

FoundFlag = False
For I = 1 To myNameSpace.Folders.Count
    If myNameSpace.Folders(I).Name = DestinationFolderName Then
        Set DestinationFolder = myNameSpace.Folders(I)
        FoundFlag = True
        Exit For
    End If
Next

If FoundFlag = True Then
    Set Sel = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection
    For I = 1 To Sel.Count
        Sel.Item(I).UnRead = False
        Sel.Item(I).Move DestinationFolder
    Next
End If

End Sub

Quote:
> See if MarkRead helps:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#markread

> > Hi, all!

> > Hope somebody can help me.
> > I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1. Most of my mail is sorted by Rules Wizard.
> > It does job just fine. But there is some kind of e-mails which i'd like
> > to "move to some folder & immediately mark as read". It is easy to do
> > the first but how to do the second part?
> > May be it can be achieved by VBA macros or some add-ins?

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 07:19:27 GMT

1. Outlook 2000 rules wizard - HELP!!!

2. Outlook 2000 Rule wizard

3. start a rule wizard rule with VBA in Outlook 2002

4. New rule needed for Outlook 2000

5. programmatically creating, modifying, or deleting Exchange 2000-based rules using VBA through Outlook 2002

6. run macro from rule in Outlook 2000

7. How to send a copy BCC instead of CC in Outlook Rules Wizard

8. Outlook Rule Wizard

9. Rules wizard in Outlook

10. Outlook Rules Wizard

11. how to launch the Outlook Rule Wizard from vba

12. Outlook XP Rules Wizard