Forms and WORD document forms
Author Message
 Forms and WORD document forms

I hsve created a WORD document form with fields I have to contain
information.  For ease of everyone's use I also created a User form
with two buttons; one to save, one to print.

I set the VBAfor the User form to load on open.
Now how do you get the "focus" on to the WORD form I want to fill out
and then send using the User form?

TIA

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 03:32:05 GMT
 Forms and WORD document forms
Prior to Word 9, all Userforms were modal, i.e., you could not modify the
document until the Userform was closed. There are unsupported ways to get
around this in Word 8, but I don't recommend that other than very
experienced users try those methods.

With Word 9, and I guess Word 10, you can Show the Userform using
vbModeless.  This allows the user to move back and forth, to and fro,
to/from the Userform. But it does often necessitate more complex code,

See the VBA Code Snippets example at my URL below. Note this will not work
in Word 8 AND uses fairly advanced coding, so be careful.

--
Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
message.

http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Programming and support for
Word macros, including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing
and reviewing; Standards

> I hsve created a WORD document form with fields I have to contain
> information.  For ease of everyone's use I also created a User form
> with two buttons; one to save, one to print.

> I set the VBAfor the User form to load on open.
> Now how do you get the "focus" on to the WORD form I want to fill out
> and then send using the User form?

> TIA

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:06:58 GMT
 Forms and WORD document forms
Hi Scott,

Why don't you do it all with the UserForm?  Provide controls into which the
user enters the information, and then when finished, have the code on your
buttons write the information into the document using bookmarks and the
print/save it.

Please post any response to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may
also be following the thread.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> I hsve created a WORD document form with fields I have to contain
> information.  For ease of everyone's use I also created a User form
> with two buttons; one to save, one to print.

> I set the VBAfor the User form to load on open.
> Now how do you get the "focus" on to the WORD form I want to fill out
> and then send using the User form?

> TIA

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:29:49 GMT

1. Opening specified Word documents per record in a form

2. Showing an Word document in a form

3. Automatically save Word document to a form.

4. Creating a word document from the current record in an Access Form

5. URGENT: Error when assigning long strings to Form Fields in a protected Word document

6. using Auto-Correction when Word-Document is Protected (for Forms)

7. Display a Word document on a form

8. Word User Form - Custom Document Properties

9. Opening a word document from a web form

10. word document in VB form - Please Help

11. form fields in a word document from vb????

12. Retrieving information from a Form Field within a Word document