VBA Excel 7.0 (Office 95) Sources.
Author Message
 VBA Excel 7.0 (Office 95) Sources.

Use the RecordMacro utility Tim... :-)

Actually that's how I picked it up, Excel VBA and the various objects that
is. Sorry don't know a direct site for it but you might want to try looking
in the MS Excel newsgroups...

(Of note... sometimes I wish Access supported as many methods/properties as
Excel did..<g>)

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:I'm trying to teach myself VBA for Excel 7.0.  Could any one point me to a
site
:or source for tutorials or program snippets.
:
:Much appreciated.
:
:Tim

Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA Excel 7.0 (Office 95) Sources.

:>
I'm just having problems understanding how the
:objects/properties/methods concepts work so that I can just code away
without
:constantly going to the help screen and looking at examples.
:

I don't know about you, but on a typical day,  I just simply cannot remember
all the different methods that Excel has to offer.  So don't know what I'll
do without the Help files. <g>

Also, you might consider switching to Excel 97. Not only is the editor most
excellent but also the Auto List Members option can provide you with the
proper syntax and all choices for a method as you type your code in.

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

Wed, 09 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA Excel 7.0 (Office 95) Sources.

I'm trying to teach myself VBA for Excel 7.0.  Could any one point me to a site
or source for tutorials or program snippets.

Much appreciated.

Tim

Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA Excel 7.0 (Office 95) Sources.

Quote:

>Use the RecordMacro utility Tim... :-)

>Actually that's how I picked it up, Excel VBA and the various objects that
>is. Sorry don't know a direct site for it but you might want to try looking
>in the MS Excel newsgroups...

Thanx!!  Actually that's how I've learned what I know now.  I'm a pretty good
Lotus 1-2-3 for dos macro programmer and am transitioning our Lotus heavy
company into MS Office.  I've learned quite a bit from recording macros in both
Excel 4.0 format and VBA.  Since I'm quite comfortable coding Basic, VBA is a
good choice for me.  I'm just having problems understanding how the
objects/properties/methods concepts work so that I can just code away without
constantly going to the help screen and looking at examples.

What I really need is a good swift kick in the pants....or the brain.

Tim

Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA Excel 7.0 (Office 95) Sources.

The easiest way is to make a reference to the Excel object library from one
of the modules in Access. Then use the Object Browser to gain acces to all
different properties, object and methods exposed by Excel.

Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA for Excel and other Office '95 apps

2. VBA In MS Excel from Office 95.

3. VBA for Office 95 vs Office 97

4. Visual Basic 4.0 and Excel 7.0 for Win '95

5. Visual Basic 4.0 and Excel 7.0 for Win '95

6. Coding data Export from Crosstab Query to Excel (Office 95)

7. Coding Data Transfer from Access to Excel (Office 95)

8. Access 95 and (Excel 97 and Excel 95)

9. Office Developer's Kit for Office 95

10. Question on old version of VBA for Excel 95

11. Creating Class in VBA of Excel 95

12. Problems using ODBCDirect in Excel 95 VBA!!!