Transactions and Performance
Author Message
 Transactions and Performance

I am trying to make an entry form that presents a review form after the
data has been entered so that the user can check to make sure everything
is correct.  In doing this I thought I might try to use the transaction
methods in access to begin the transaction in the onload expression of
the first form, and then commit the transaction once the user had
accepted his work.  Also, I thought I could use the rollback method in
cancel buttons.  Is this how the transaction methods were supposed to be
used, or am I terribly misled?

ethan.

Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transactions and Performance

Quote:
>>I am trying to make an entry form that presents a review form after the

data has been entered so that the user can check to make sure everything is
correct.  In doing this I thought I might try to use the transaction methods
in access to begin the transaction in the onload expression of the first
form, and then commit the transaction once the user had accepted his work.
Also, I thought I could use the rollback method in cancel buttons.<<

Transaction methods don't map very nicely onto events in the user interface,
even though it seems like they ought to in some way. (For example, the
Rollback method *feels* like the equivalent of an Undo command in the user
interface, but it's not.)

I don't know a way to do what you want to do without, perhaps, making a
temporary table in which the user edits some data. Then you run an append
query to add the "preview" data to the "real" table when the user clicks OK
on the form. There are no Transactions involved--in the Jet sense, but the
dialog box itself feels like it's own little transaction (communicated by
the OK/Cancel metaphor).

Adam

Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Nested transaction performance

2. Performance with Transactions

3. Performance with transactions

4. To Transaction or Not to Transaction that is the question

5. ADODB TRANSACTION ADO ERROR No Transaction is Active

6. Why to use COM+ transaction and not just SQL Server transaction

7. Reqiured Transaction and Required New Transaction

8. Cannot connect to the transaction manager or the transaction (-2147168229)

9. ADODB TRANSACTION ADO ERROR No Transaction is Active

10. ADO Connection Transaction vs. ObjectContext Transaction

11. ADOConnection.Transaction vs. ObjectContext.Transaction

12. Transaction In Transaction