navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform
Author Message
 navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform

Non mouse users wish to navigate through a form which includes two subforms.
Although tab order is set OK the problem is :-

Coming out of the continuous subforms - how do you come out when you have
finished entering subform records and wish to carry on in the main form or
in
the other subform? Is there a shortcut key?

Brian

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform
Can you use the KeyPreview of the Main form to look for a keystroke and then
set focus onto the appropriate form, and then cancel the keystroke.  I think
that the KeyPreview event of the main form intercepts the keystrokes first,
then the current sub forms KeyPreview event gets to examine the keystroke.

HTH
Terry

Quote:
>Non mouse users wish to navigate through a form which includes two
subforms.
>Although tab order is set OK the problem is :-

>Coming out of the continuous subforms - how do you come out when you have
>finished entering subform records and wish to carry on in the main form or
>in
>the other subform? Is there a shortcut key?

>Brian

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform
By the way, more info on Shortcut Keys is available in KB article Q140637
Joan

Quote:
>Non mouse users wish to navigate through a form which includes two
subforms.
>Although tab order is set OK the problem is :-

>Coming out of the continuous subforms - how do you come out when you have
>finished entering subform records and wish to carry on in the main form or
>in
>the other subform? Is there a shortcut key?

>Brian

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform
Ctrl Tab
Joan

Quote:
>Non mouse users wish to navigate through a form which includes two
subforms.
>Although tab order is set OK the problem is :-

>Coming out of the continuous subforms - how do you come out when you have
>finished entering subform records and wish to carry on in the main form or
>in
>the other subform? Is there a shortcut key?

>Brian

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform
You can, of course, use Ctrl-tab but if, as in my case with visually seamless
forms, users don't know when they are moving between main and sub-form (why
should they?), in the OnExit event of the control before the "seam", I put a
SetFocus to the control they are to move to on the other side of the "seam".

hth

Hugh

Quote:

> Non mouse users wish to navigate through a form which includes two subforms.
> Although tab order is set OK the problem is :-

> Coming out of the continuous subforms - how do you come out when you have
> finished entering subform records and wish to carry on in the main form or
> in
> the other subform? Is there a shortcut key?

> Brian

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. changing the sourceobject of subform when the form and subform are loaded

2. Referencing a field on a SubForm within a Subform

3. Navigating in a subform

4. Control name of subform from code behind subform

5. Question about the SubForm Object to help reference a subform

6. Subform refresh moves last record to top of subform

7. tabbing from subform to subform

8. tabbing from subform to subform

9. Moving from a sub-subform to a subform in Access 2.0

10. Form Question - Stepping Through Subform Records on Master Form

11. Subform editing with code (Advanced users)

12. Multi-User / Subform problem