Remove all security from database
Author Message
 Remove all security from database

Hi All,

I have been messing around with security recently and did not backup my
database before setting security!!! I do remember the password though and
can access the database on my machine at home but cannot open it at work (My
WID is different I gather). Can I completely remove the security somehow on
my PC at home so that I can use it at work. I cannot seem to remove the
password check when I try to load the database.

Thanks in advance,

Del

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:25:47 GMT
 Remove all security from database
Steps to unsecuring a database, from Access 97 Power Programming by F. Scott
Barker:

1. Start Access, logging on as a member of the Admins group.
2. Change any queries that have their Run Permissions property set to Owner's to
User's.
3. Give the Users group full permissions on all objects in the database.
4. Exit Access.
5. Restart Access, logging on as Admin.
6. Create a new database.
7. Import all the objects from your originally secured database.

This new database is now completely unsecure. Anybody with a copy of Access has
full permissions to this database and all its objects.

Hope this helps

Tony Oakley

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I have been messing around with security recently and did not backup my
> database before setting security!!! I do remember the password though and
> can access the database on my machine at home but cannot open it at work (My
> WID is different I gather). Can I completely remove the security somehow on
> my PC at home so that I can use it at work. I cannot seem to remove the
> password check when I try to load the database.

> Thanks in advance,

> Del

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:28:13 GMT
 Remove all security from database
Thanks Tony I'll try that out.

Out of interest Would it also be possible to copy my security setting from
my home PC to my Work PC? As my final database will need the security in
place? If so what file(s) do I need to copy and how should in register then
on my work PC?

Thanks

Del

Quote:
> Steps to unsecuring a database, from Access 97 Power Programming by F.
Scott
> Barker:

> 1. Start Access, logging on as a member of the Admins group.
> 2. Change any queries that have their Run Permissions property set to
Owner's to
> User's.
> 3. Give the Users group full permissions on all objects in the database.
> 4. Exit Access.
> 5. Restart Access, logging on as Admin.
> 6. Create a new database.
> 7. Import all the objects from your originally secured database.

> This new database is now completely unsecure. Anybody with a copy of
Access has
> full permissions to this database and all its objects.

> Hope this helps

> Tony Oakley

> > Hi All,

> > I have been messing around with security recently and did not backup my
> > database before setting security!!! I do remember the password though
and
> > can access the database on my machine at home but cannot open it at work
(My
> > WID is different I gather). Can I completely remove the security somehow
on
> > my PC at home so that I can use it at work. I cannot seem to remove the
> > password check when I try to load the database.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Del

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:10:12 GMT

1. Problems with MTS security or Database Security ?????

2. how to remove security features

3. Removing Db security

4. remove outlook view control security update

5. Remove security

6. Access Recovery / Remove Access Security

7. Access Database concurrent users in VB 4.0 application and Database Security

8. Access Database concurrent users in VB 4.0 application and Database Security

9. Database security

10. database security

11. Security while accessing a database with VBA

12. how do i - database security