Maximum number of users....
Author Message
 Maximum number of users....

What is the maximum number of users that can be in one Access 97 program
at one time (in shared mode and on a network)?
I'm not sure if the ability to edit or just view will make a difference
or not.
A friend said that the max number was 14.
Anyone can verify this?

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Maximum number of users....
If you look in the online help, look up the Database Specifications,
this gives a limit of 255 for maximum concurrent users under 97.  That
said, I think you'll find performance dropping after about 20.  That's
my threshold for looking at doing the app in VFP or something else.
Folks on the group undoubtedly run more, but that's my rule of thumb.
It all depends on what you're doing.  Doing data entry will cause more
performance problems than just looking up things.  You can do record
locking only when actually writing out a record and similar
performance enhancements which can let you run more users. Like I
said, it depends on what you actually intend doing.  14 users is
probably within reasonable performance expectations, 200 probably
isn't.  The Jet database really isn't built for heavy transaction
processing use.
Quote:

>What is the maximum number of users that can be in one Access 97 program
>at one time (in shared mode and on a network)?
>I'm not sure if the ability to edit or just view will make a difference
>or not.
>A friend said that the max number was 14.
>Anyone can verify this?

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. maximum number of users

2. Maximum number sizes

3. Maximum number of records

4. Is there a maximum number of recipients?

5. Maximum number of information services

6. Maximum number of shapes in a page

7. maximum number DocVars and bookmarks

8. Maximum Number of Controls on a Form

9. What is the maximum limit on the number of identifiers for a project

10. PDS7 : maximum number of files

11. Is there a maximum number of snapshot

12. Maximum number of tables?