Reading field values into variables
Author Message
 Reading field values into variables

Hi,

Does anyone know how to read a field value into a variable
using VBA?

I have some information i want to read in from the project
to manipulate/format it and dump to excel, but I don't
know how to read existing values.  Specifically, i'm
trying to read from data from the start date, baseline
cost, and the value of the generic 'text27' field (used
for some temporary information).

Any help is appreciated.
--Jason

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:22:30 GMT
 Reading field values into variables
Jason,
Yes, basically it has the syntax
ActiveProject.Tasks(n).[the field you want]
where n is the task line in the project with the data
This is the quick and simple method. If you have a lot of data you
want to transfer to Excel, the code can be made to run quicker and be
more automated.

John

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:23:51 GMT
 Reading field values into variables
John,

Thanks for the help, that helped me get my code working.

--Jason

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:57:24 GMT

1. Selecting Field Values with a VARIABLE field name

2. Reading Table Values into variables

3. read a textfile and store values into variables

4. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

5. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

6. adodb connection to excel: recordset.fields(i).value=null for fields with numeric value

7. Variable and field value changes after .Update in VBA

8. Set Variable = Field Value

9. SELECT single field value into variable

10. Assigning field values to variables

11. Assigning field values to variable

12. How do you fill from fields with a variable value