using VB text boxes data but not text boxes in word 2000
Author Message
 using VB text boxes data but not text boxes in word 2000

I have a VB program with over 200 text boxes on the
screen overlayed on an image of a paper form.  My goal is
to print out the data in the textboxes onto a preprinted
form.  So I don't want to print the text box control,
just the text in the control.  And I don't want to
program in VB how to line up 200 text boxes onto a paper
form.

So I want to know how I can use the data in my VB text
boxes in Word 2000 where I can set tab stops by trial and
error until the data lines up on the pre printed form
when I print.

Thanks
Ryan Cain

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:23:43 GMT
 using VB text boxes data but not text boxes in word 2000
Hi Ryan,

Create a document that contains a table that replicates the spaces in the
form, with the cell/row heights locked to prevent them changing in size.
You can get rid of the cell borders by pressing Ctrl+u and turn on the grid
lines as they do not print so that you can see where you are.

You could put bookmarks into each cell and insert the data into the .range
of the bookmarks.

Please post any response to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may
also be following the thread.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> I have a VB program with over 200 text boxes on the
> screen overlayed on an image of a paper form.  My goal is
> to print out the data in the textboxes onto a preprinted
> form.  So I don't want to print the text box control,
> just the text in the control.  And I don't want to
> program in VB how to line up 200 text boxes onto a paper
> form.

> So I want to know how I can use the data in my VB text
> boxes in Word 2000 where I can set tab stops by trial and
> error until the data lines up on the pre printed form
> when I print.

> Thanks
> Ryan Cain

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:33:51 GMT

1. Size text box to fit text in Word 2000

2. Text from vba text box (>2000 characters) to a Word bookmard

3. Passing Data from VB App Text Box to a Web Page Text Box

4. Auto popluate text box with data from another text box

5. Tabbing from text box to text box using the enter key

6. Text box text on new page text box

7. spell check text box in word 2000 form

8. Replacing Text in Text Boxes in Word Doc from VB

9. Linking VB text box to powerpoint text box

10. Vb 4.0 Problems updating Text Boxes from Combo Box linked to Data Control

11. Created Form in Word - Irregular movement of combo boxes, text boxes on scrolling

12. Columns in List box, when inserting text from text box (VBA)