Append Chunk Function never appends to memo field
Author Message
 Append Chunk Function never appends to memo field

I have been attempting to use the Append Chunk method in
Access/VB to append string data to a memo field and all it
does is overwrite all previous appends in effect only
appending the current string being appended and no
previous appended strings. I have used the example in MSDN
Library but it still does not really append successive
string to a given memo field like it specifies.

Sun, 02 Oct 2005 22:00:59 GMT
 Append Chunk Function never appends to memo field
From the online Help

     The initial AppendChunk operation (after an Edit or AddNew call) will simply
place the data in the field, overwriting any existing data. Subsequent
AppendChunk calls within the same Edit or AddNew session will then add to the
existing data.

So, it sounds as if the first Append Chunk you need would be to Copy and Append
the current data of the field into itself, then Append Chunk for the additional
pieces of data.

Can I suggest you at least post your code?  Perhaps someone familar with the
function can suggest what you need to do to make it work the way you wish.

Quote:

> I have been attempting to use the Append Chunk method in
> Access/VB to append string data to a memo field and all it
> does is overwrite all previous appends in effect only
> appending the current string being appended and no
> previous appended strings. I have used the example in MSDN
> Library but it still does not really append successive
> string to a given memo field like it specifies.

Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:05:46 GMT

1. Append memo field to a different memo field

2. Appending chr(13) to a memo field?

3. appending Chr(13) to memo fields?

4. Fix for Append Chunk Problem

5. Append Chunk

6. Append query that appends to and updates an archive table

7. Combine 2 files (append one to the other) (textstream / append)

8. Appending text to a memo box

9. VB3 appending a field to a table, then entering data into the new field

10. Automatically append a field to a table in Access (2000 or XP)

11. Appending a field to a linked table

12. Appending A LineFeed To A Form Field