New to CDO... 
Author Message
 New to CDO...

Hi!

I'm new in outlook CDO programming and I would like to know the easiest way
to send HTML format e-mail using VB. Please help.

Riza



Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:41:17 GMT  
 New to CDO...
Not with CDO 1.21. The easiest way is to use the Outlook object model and
set the HTMLBody property of the MailItem to your fully tagged HTML content.
See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/formatmsg.htm.

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
     Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com


Quote:
> Hi!

> I'm new in outlook CDO programming and I would like to know the easiest
way
> to send HTML format e-mail using VB. Please help.

> Riza



Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:12:04 GMT  
 New to CDO...
CDO 1.21 doesn't support sending in HTML I don't think. I think you
have to use CDONTS for that. For more information, see www.cdolive.com

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams


Quote:
> Hi!

> I'm new in outlook CDO programming and I would like to know the
easiest way
> to send HTML format e-mail using VB. Please help.

> Riza



Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:38:53 GMT  
 New to CDO...

message...

Quote:

> CDO 1.21 doesn't support sending in HTML I don't think. I think you
> have to use CDONTS for that. For more information, see www.cdolive.com

In particular http://www.cdolive.com/cdo2.htm has a little table which shows
the capabilities of the different CDO libraries.

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.



Mon, 03 Nov 2003 02:27:04 GMT  
 New to CDO...
Thanx  Sue...

Riza


Quote:
> Not with CDO 1.21. The easiest way is to use the Outlook object model and
> set the HTMLBody property of the MailItem to your fully tagged HTML
content.
> See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/formatmsg.htm.

> --

> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
>      Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com



> > Hi!

> > I'm new in outlook CDO programming and I would like to know the easiest
> way
> > to send HTML format e-mail using VB. Please help.

> > Riza



Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:57:03 GMT  
 New to CDO...
You know what, I've try to search for at least one easy VB code to send html
formated e-mail using CDO, but I cannot find one. I know that in ASP, using
CDONTS is the most easiest way to send formated e-mail, but should I use
exchange server to route the mail... please help. Why don't microsoft create
such object like CDONTS for non-server user? Thank you.

Riza

----------------------------------



Quote:

> message...

> > CDO 1.21 doesn't support sending in HTML I don't think. I think you
> > have to use CDONTS for that. For more information, see www.cdolive.com

> In particular http://www.cdolive.com/cdo2.htm has a little table which
shows
> the capabilities of the different CDO libraries.

> --
> Siegfried Weber

> Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
> Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

> CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
> Application Development
> http://www.cdolive.com

> Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
> discussion.
> Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.



Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:50:15 GMT  
 New to CDO...
Microsoft did. In Windows 2000, you can use CDO for Windows. You can also
use Outlook if it's installed on the machine.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
     Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com


Quote:
> You know what, I've try to search for at least one easy VB code to send
html
> formated e-mail using CDO, but I cannot find one. I know that in ASP,
using
> CDONTS is the most easiest way to send formated e-mail, but should I use
> exchange server to route the mail... please help. Why don't microsoft
create
> such object like CDONTS for non-server user? Thank you.

> Riza

> ----------------------------------




> > message...

> > > CDO 1.21 doesn't support sending in HTML I don't think. I think you
> > > have to use CDONTS for that. For more information, see www.cdolive.com

> > In particular http://www.cdolive.com/cdo2.htm has a little table which
> shows
> > the capabilities of the different CDO libraries.



Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:48:30 GMT  
 New to CDO...

Quote:

> Microsoft did. In Windows 2000, you can use CDO for Windows.

Right. Works from every Win2k machine. Even a Pro (WS) and supports
submitting the message to a remote SMTP server using a port (which CDONTS
can't).

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.



Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:52:33 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. setting a new mail-message to plain text via CDO

2. CDO 1.21 and newer versions of Exchange

3. Mapping new CDO mailitem to MAPI mailitem

4. CDO new message .sender and error -2147221233 (800401f)

5. Can't Create a New Field with CDO Collections

6. New Problem in CDO

7. CDO to automatically process a new e-mail

8. Seeking CDO object reference with correlated CDO PropTags / constants

9. Seeking CDO object reference with correlated CDO PropTags / constants

10. kyduke(kyduke@yahoo.com)'s New Logic - New sorting, New paging method

11. New New New

12. NEW NEW NEW Project...

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software