Querying Proj Srvr to return a Proj Center view-like recordset
Author Message
 Querying Proj Srvr to return a Proj Center view-like recordset

Joe,

Here is a post I wrote a couple months back. It gives an example of how to
get task and custom field out of the database.
You will need to include the project table too (and some joins on it) but
the general advice and review of the document mentioned should suffice.
*****old post************
SELECT     MSP_TASKS.TASK_NAME, MSP_TEXT_FIELDS.TEXT_VALUE
FROM         MSP_TASKS INNER JOIN
                    MSP_TEXT_FIELDS ON MSP_TASKS.TASK_UID =
MSP_TEXT_FIELDS.TEXT_REF_UID INNER JOIN
                      MSP_CONVERSIONS ON MSP_TEXT_FIELDS.TEXT_FIELD_ID =
MSP_CONVERSIONS.CONV_VALUE
WHERE     (MSP_TASKS.TASK_UID = 50) AND (MSP_CONVERSIONS.CONV_VALUE =
188743731) AND (MSP_TEXT_FIELDS.TEXT_CATEGORY = 0)

You notice you need to make joins to the conversions and text fields tables.
You can find more information about the fields in the document called
projdb.htm which you can find on the project cd. That is where you can find
out about conversion value and Text category.

I highly recommend reading it if you are working with the database. Read it
about a dozen times. Print it out rather than reading online.

*****old post************

If you have a specific set of information you want, let me know and I'll see
if I can put together an appropriate select statement.

--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently.

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to run a query on the project server
> db that will return all project names, the custom fields
> of my choosing complete with data values?  I need to
> generate a paper based report that essentially duplicates
> a project center view.  I have extended the project server
> db to include a long text field in the msp_web_projects
> table to get us beyond the 256 limit for this one field.
> I have help writing the .asp to allow data input and
> display but I need to figure out how to query the db to
> return that project center table.  Anybody?

Tue, 10 May 2005 05:57:53 GMT
 Querying Proj Srvr to return a Proj Center view-like recordset
Jack,

I can't get your query to work from Access 2000's SQL
Query view.

Anyways, enough wining, here is what I would like to see
in a tabular format for my boss's report:

Project Name, Enterprise Project Text1 (EPT1), EPT2, EPT7

Since I'm using Access, I assume I'll need to use a query
to get the field rename values to use as column headings.

Thanks,
Joe

Quote:

=

http://masamiki.com/project

>-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

>+++++++++++++++++++

>> Does anyone know how to run a query on the project
server
>> db that will return all project names, the custom fields
>> of my choosing complete with data values?  I need to
>> generate a paper based report that essentially
duplicates
>> a project center view.  I have extended the project
server
>> db to include a long text field in the msp_web_projects
>> table to get us beyond the 256 limit for this one field.
>> I have help writing the .asp to allow data input and
>> display but I need to figure out how to query the db to
>> return that project center table.  Anybody?

>.

Sun, 15 May 2005 06:32:31 GMT

1. Proj 98 VBA vs Proj 2000 VBA

2. Referencing Proj 98 in Excel 97 VBA

3. Open Proj 2002 Web Schedule - Using a Macro

4. Proj 2002, VB.Net

5. writing Macros in Proj 2000

6. Proj Explorer and Properties won't tile right

7. add new item to a proj at run time

8. VBDOS - proj FORM load/unload memory problem

9. JOBS: NJ - Proj Mgr, Progammers wanted

10. newbie - need help for timer proj for school

11. Open VB5 Proj in VB6?

12. Trouble running VB6 proj in VB5?