Business Basic interface to Access
Author Message
 Business Basic interface to Access

Has any one done this?  I unfortunately have no knowledge of its file
system, but I suspect that it is an ISAM system.

I have a client who has two systems one in BBX and the other in Access and
the two are exchanging data through printouts and rekeying.

If nothing else, I need to get reference tables from the BBX system and
move them into the Access database as lookup tables which can be refreshed
by hand.

ODBC/DAO is preferred but anything automated is better than the current
solution.

Regards,

Derek Jubb

Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Business Basic interface to Access

Quote:
>Has any one done this?  I unfortunately have no knowledge of its file
>system, but I suspect that it is an ISAM system.

Derek,

I am working on a project with an application call MAS90 it is written
in BBX.  The files you mention are ISAM as I recollect.  I took a less
taxing approach and I am using the file import/export facilites in the
application to exchange data with MS Access.  It's a litle loose for
my liking but it works remarkable well.  I few well ritten batch files
and I have managed to use Access to move data between several
applications. It solve the problem you are trying to solve as well.

I think BBX is developed by Basis Int'l  (?) in Albuq NM.  You might
try to search them out on the web.

later,
randy

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Business Basic interface to Access

Quote:

> Has any one done this?  I unfortunately have no knowledge of its file
> system, but I suspect that it is an ISAM system.

> I have a client who has two systems one in BBX and the other in Access and
> the two are exchanging data through printouts and rekeying.

> If nothing else, I need to get reference tables from the BBX system and
> move them into the Access database as lookup tables which can be refreshed
> by hand.

> ODBC/DAO is preferred but anything automated is better than the current
> solution.

> Regards,

> Derek Jubb

Basis International has a product called TAOS/Views it requires that a
Data Dictionary be used to support reports and Export.  Its a Windows
based product.  Also Randy suggestion of export works well BBX is
supported in different version so take note for export directions.

I'm a developer in BBX/3 & 4 and Access and this can be done but is a
big pain.  If the export will work take that direction.

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Business Basic interface to Access

2. Business Basic interface to Access

3. Client Data Interface to Business Classes

4. Business Basic (BBx) to Visual Basic Translator

5. MAI BASIC FOUR BUSINESS BASIC MANUAL

6. UNIBASIC, PIC BASIC or Business Basic?

7. looking for converter business basic to visual basic

8. Using Recordsets for the Interface to the Business Services

9. User Defined Interfaces and Collection Objects in Business Object Hierarchy

10. User Defined Interfaces and Collection Objects in Business Object Hierarchy

11. How To Use Implemented Interface with RDS and Custom Business Object

12. Visual Basic Interface to an Access Table