API - Lstrcpy function
Author Message
 API - Lstrcpy function

Hello All !

I'm currently porting a 16 bit application (created using Access 2.0) to
32 bit.  The question I have is in regards to the lstrcpy function.
According to all the documentation I've seen, the 16 bit call is
declared as follows :

Declare Function lstrcpy Lib "Kernel" (ByVal lpString1 As Any, ByVal
lpString2 as Any) As Long

This will not work for me unless I declare it as follows : (the error
message is "Bad DLL calling convention")

Declare Function lstrcpy& Lib "Kernel" (ByVal lpString1 As Any, ByVal
lpString2 as Any) As Long

It is virtually identical except for the ampersand after lstrcpy.  Can
anyone explain this to me ?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Fri, 15 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. API - Lstrcpy function

2. lstrcpy API difference between 16 and 32

3. Help! LSTRCPY problem in VB5

4. Lstrcpy problem: where can I find thsi file: WIN31WH.HLP

5. lstrcpy error causes complete VB shutdown

6. lstrcpy bad dll calling convention

7. Please help: Urgent LSTRCPY problem

8. Win API functions that don't seem to exist in Win32 API

9. Announcing API-SPY API Function Program

10. API Function Tool (API-SPY)

11. Using API Function

12. Accessing API Functions