DAO & ADODB ???
Author Message
 DAO & ADODB ???

I can declare variable as Database ("Dim db As Database") in any module
inside Northwind.mdb, but when I create empty database (on the same
computer/ms access) I have no access to this kind of variable type. I can
only use ADODB. Why and how change it?

Marcin

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:12:48 GMT
 DAO & ADODB ???
Open any module, make sure no code is currently running (choose 'Reset' from
the 'Run' menu if necessary) then choose 'References' from the 'Tools' menu.
Add a reference to the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library.

The DAO and ADO libraries include several objects with the same names, so if
you have references to both, you need to 'disambiguate' by specifying the
library when declaring the variable, e.g. 'Dim rst As DAO.Recordset' or 'Dim
rst As ADODB.Recordset'.

--
Brendan Reynolds

Sample Access 2000/2002 app at
http://brenreyn.brinkster.net
If it's not plain text, without attachments,
I'm not reading it.

> I can declare variable as Database ("Dim db As Database") in any module
> inside Northwind.mdb, but when I create empty database (on the same
> computer/ms access) I have no access to this kind of variable type. I can
> only use ADODB. Why and how change it?

> Marcin

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:33:34 GMT

1. ADODB.connection & ADODB.Recordset

2. DAO 3.5 & DAO 3.51 work differently

3. Migrate from DAO Querydefs to ADODB Procedures

4. ADODB.Connection with ODBC & DB2-database

5. ADODB & VBScript

6. ASP & ORACLE - ADODB.Recordset

7. mailMerge & ADODB.Recordset connect

8. Combobox & ADODB.Recordset

9. adodb & Datagrid

10. ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset question

11. ADODB.stream instead of ADODB.Stream

12. ADODB.stream instead of ADODB.Stream??