Program that reads .dlls
Author Message
 Program that reads .dlls

Does anyone know of a program that reads .dlls?

TIA,

Jarvis A. Ridges
Software Analyst

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Program that reads .dlls
Hi Jarvis,

What do you want to read from them?

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.multilinker.com
by email

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a program that reads .dlls?

>TIA,

>Jarvis A. Ridges
>Software Analyst

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Program that reads .dlls
Jonathan,

I'm looking for the code that tells Word what to display when a user
clicks on File->New.

I posted a question to the forum a couple of weeks ago but decided to
try again since I didn't get any responses. We are trying to see if we
can add a Search option to the window that displays templates (under
File->New). I'm no VBA expert (not even an intermediate user) but we
have programmers here on staff (on vacation now). We are using Word
97/SR-1/Windows 95 on a Novell network.

Quote:
> Hi Jarvis,

> What do you want to read from them?

> Regards
> Jonathan West - Word MVP
> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> Conversion to PDF & HTML
> http://www.multilinker.com
> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
questions
> by email

> >Does anyone know of a program that reads .dlls?

> >TIA,

> >Jarvis A. Ridges
> >Software Analyst

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Program that reads .dlls
Hi Jarvis,

I'm still not 100% clear on what you are wanting. Are you wanting to
customize Word's built-in File New dialog?

I don't think it is possible to customize it, so you may have to write a
UserForm to create the functionality you need.

Could you explain it a bit more detail, and then I may be able to offer some
suggestions that are a bit more useful.

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.multilinker.com
by email

Quote:

>Jonathan,

>I'm looking for the code that tells Word what to display when a user
>clicks on File->New.

>I posted a question to the forum a couple of weeks ago but decided to
>try again since I didn't get any responses. We are trying to see if we
>can add a Search option to the window that displays templates (under
>File->New). I'm no VBA expert (not even an intermediate user) but we
>have programmers here on staff (on vacation now). We are using Word
>97/SR-1/Windows 95 on a Novell network.

>> Hi Jarvis,

>> What do you want to read from them?

>> Regards
>> Jonathan West - Word MVP
>> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
>> Conversion to PDF & HTML
>> http://www.multilinker.com
>> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
>> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
>questions
>> by email

>> >Does anyone know of a program that reads .dlls?

>> >TIA,

>> >Jarvis A. Ridges
>> >Software Analyst

>> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> >Before you buy.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Program that reads .dlls
Thanks for responding Jonathan.

Yes, we want to customize Word's built-in File New dialog. I realize now
that we may have to create a new FileNew subroutine with the features
that we need:

We have (literally) hundreds of templates. When the users click on
File->New, we would like for them to see Word's built-in File/New dialog
box with one feature added ---> a Search option that would allow users
to enter keywords to search for the template they need. We are going to
categorize the templates, so there will be different tabs displayed in
the dialog window (like Word's General, Letters, Memos, etc.).

I'm pretty new to VBA but we have programmers on staff (2 of which are
away from the office for a couple of weeks).

We'd appreciate any tips you may be able to offer.

Quote:
> Hi Jarvis,

> I'm still not 100% clear on what you are wanting. Are you wanting to
> customize Word's built-in File New dialog?

> I don't think it is possible to customize it, so you may have to write
> UserForm to create the functionality you need.

> Could you explain it a bit more detail, and then I may be able to
offer some
> suggestions that are a bit more useful.

> Regards
> Jonathan West - Word MVP
> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> Conversion to PDF & HTML
> http://www.multilinker.com
> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
questions
> by email

> >Jonathan,

> >I'm looking for the code that tells Word what to display when a user
> >clicks on File->New.

> >I posted a question to the forum a couple of weeks ago but decided to
> >try again since I didn't get any responses. We are trying to see if
we
> >can add a Search option to the window that displays templates (under
> >File->New). I'm no VBA expert (not even an intermediate user) but we
> >have programmers here on staff (on vacation now). We are using Word
> >97/SR-1/Windows 95 on a Novell network.

> >> Hi Jarvis,

> >> What do you want to read from them?

> >> Regards
> >> Jonathan West - Word MVP
> >> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> >> Conversion to PDF & HTML
> >> http://www.multilinker.com
> >> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> >> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
> >questions
> >> by email

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB DLL reading from ADO and colliding with C++ DLL reading there too (on NT)

2. Newbie needs help in reading installed programs from the registry using RegObj.dll

3. Newbie needs help in reading installed programs from the registry using RegObj.dll

4. Newbie needs help in reading installed programs from the registry using RegObj.dll

5. Program to Read and edit icons in a DLL file

6. Newbie needs help in reading installed programs from the registry using RegObj.dll

7. Need Folder permissions Read Only / Program Access Read Write

8. Advanced Programming -- Reading Data from an Active Program

9. Registry read Failure when program launched by AT scheduling program

10. DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL

11. Read installed programs from the registry?

12. New to Outlook programming - need READ macro