Having different recordsource in Datagrid : Is it Posibble?
Author Message
 Having different recordsource in Datagrid : Is it Posibble?

Dear Jorgen:

Putting in the related table info you desire is a breeze if you put it right on
the original form.  Just base the form on a query with all the related tables
joined.  Just don't let them edit any of the controls bound to fields from the
related tables or you'll be changing the related table records.

Putting this into a separate pop-up will be more work.  I try to avoid that kind
of thing myself, but if all you want to do is show it, you can use a simple
MsgBox to pop up the data they want directly from the fields in the query behind
the form.  I suppose this is justifiable if it won't fit on the screen.

Tom Ellison

Quote:

> I need to allow user to enter into datagrid Product_ID or Product_Name and
> pops up relevent details of a product like the Unit_Price and Product ID(if
> I enter Product_Name) or Product_Name(if I enter Product ID).
> Product_ID   |   ProductName     |    Unit_Price,           |
> Quantity,            |              Total
> (user entry)       (user entry)            (pop up
> (user entry)                 (This field is generated
>                                                            when user
> according to the Quantity
>                                                            enter Product_ID
> entered by user)
>                                                      or Product_Name)

> My question is:

> 1. Since I categorised my Product_ID, Product_Name and Unit_Price details in
> Product table and the
>      Quantity  and Total  in Order Detail table, is it possible for me to
> have the datagrid to pops out the
>       relevent data from different recordsource.

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Having different recordsource in Datagrid : Is it Posibble?
Sorry for posting twice....coz the first is jumbled up

I need to allow user to enter into datagrid Product_ID or Product_Name and
pops up relevent details of a product like the Unit_Price and Product ID(if
I enter Product_Name) or Product_Name(if I enter Product ID).
Product_ID | ProductName | Unit_Price | Quantity | Total
Product_ID = (user entry)
Product_Name = (user entry)
Unit Price = (pop up when user enter Product_ID or Product_Name)
Quantity = (user entry)
Total = (This field is generated according to the Quantity)

My question is:

1. Since I categorised my Product_ID, Product_Name and Unit_Price
details in Product table and the Quantity  and Total  in Order
 Detail table, is it possible for me to have the datagrid to pops
out the relevent data from different recordsource.

Thanks.

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Having different recordsource in Datagrid : Is it Posibble?

2. Having different recordsource in Datagrid : Is it Posibble?

3. setting a report recordsource as per different conditions

4. I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues

5. Questions I am Having Trouble With

6. I am having problems with addnew

7. I am having trouble with bitblt

8. Help!!I am having VB homework problem...

9. Help: I am having trouble with sendkeys

10. I am having trouble

11. vb5 i am having problems with lost variables

12. I am having probles with this code