Access 2000, Export Text File - Using TransferText Command
Author Message
 Access 2000, Export Text File - Using TransferText Command

Hi

I want to export data from one of my linked table ( sql
server ) into a text file.

For this i am using this command
DoCmd.TransferText
acExportDelim, "", "dbo_Table1", "C:\AA.txt", True

This command works fine and its creating text file. but
in  the text file, all the char data is in enclosed with
double quotes. In which i cannot insert this format of data
in my other sql server database using bulk insert.

I want to just export the data (delimited by comma)  from
the table without any quotes.

Is there any syntax for this request.
If anybody know about this, please help!!!

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:01:31 GMT
 Access 2000, Export Text File - Using TransferText Command

Quote:
> Hi

> I want to export data from one of my linked table ( sql
> server ) into a text file.

> For this i am using this command
> DoCmd.TransferText
> acExportDelim, "", "dbo_Table1", "C:\AA.txt", True

> This command works fine and its creating text file. but
> in  the text file, all the char data is in enclosed with
> double quotes. In which i cannot insert this format of data
> in my other sql server database using bulk insert.

> I want to just export the data (delimited by comma)  from
> the table without any quotes.

This is the standard format called Quote Delimited, otherwise if one of
your text fields contained a ',' you'd be screwed.

You shouldn't have a problem importing data in this format.  If you do,
your doing it wrong and should look at that side of the problem.

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:24:12 GMT

1. Creating Tables in Access 2000 using SQL Text files

2. Exporting data from Access 2000 to text

3. Create Batch file with TransferText function in 2000

4. Exporting a query to Static HTML using TransferText method

5. read excel file in access 2000 lire fichier excel dans access 2000

6. Using the DoCmd.TransferText command from VB 4.0..

7. Problem importing a text file to a linked table in Access 2000

8. Import Text file into Access 2000 table

9. Convert text file to Access 2000

10. Convert text file to Access 2000

11. text file to access 2000 database

12. Using ini files in Access 2000