Runtime Application problems, Help!!!!
Author Message
 Runtime Application problems, Help!!!!

Hello All,

I have a runtime version app being sent to various customers.  This app
was tested on Win98/Win95 machines with/without IE4/5.  I have used
Installshield Express 2.12 to distribute the application.  The problem that
I am having is that 2 clients running different OS's are having the
same error: "The event OnTimer produced the following error: ActiveX
component cannot create object.  The expression may not result in a macro,
procedure, etc..." The respective OS's are Win98/WinNT 4.0.

I have a "splash" screen form that opens the main form after 15 secs.  I
assume that the OnTimer event that the error is alluding to is the one
associated with the splash screen.  However, I have other clients with the
same OS, I'm not sure if they have IE4 or 5 loaded, that have no problems
whatever!

If this is a missing .ocx or .dll file from the install why would it work
for some and not others?  I would really appreciate any advice on this as
I need to get this app up and running ASAP!

TIA - John Beutler

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Runtime Application problems, Help!!!!
Hi John,

    Yes, this sounds like a registration issue.  Are you distributing any
custom controls with the app?  If so, then you need to verfiy it's version
on machine with and without IE installed.  Such version incompatibilities
are very common when a control has some other dependencies beyond your
control.

  Your options are to try and avoid the controls, if possible. If not, then
specify a particular config on the target machines.

    -- Dev

: Hello All,
:
[...]

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help!! creating runtime exe problem

2. HELP: Problem Distributing VB Runtime.

3. Access 2002 Application Mulituser Problems - Please Help

4. HELP! Application development problems

5. Help! Problem running application in multi-user environmnet

6. Request for help with an application problem

7. PLEASE HELP!!!! WinHelp Problem in VB6 Application

8. Problem with application instalation - PLEASE HELP

9. Help with WINSOCK problem in a VB Application

10. Help with WINSOCK problem in a VB Application

11. Someone help PLEASE! - Application Setup Wizard Problem

12. Please Help ! Closing application problem