Form to display status messages
Author Message
 Form to display status messages

Hi,

I want to display a form with status messages to the user during the
running of a
long macro.  All forms seem to stop macro processing until the user
exits the form
(modal vs. modeless).  Is there anyway to open a form and have it
displayed will
the macro processing continues?

I noticed in an earlier post that one option is to open a new project
and use the
first task as the status line.  I don't think this would work for my
macro since
the macro actually opens and closes multiple projects during closings.
If I am
overlooking  something, please let me know.

Thanks,
Paula Irwin

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Form to display status messages
The method I have used in the past to post messages from Project VBA is
to create the message form first, and call your processing code from the
form.  By passing the text field as a parameter into your code, you can
modify the contents, then call the Repaint method to update the form.

Brian Cromwell
Octagon Information Services

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to display status messages

2. Displaying a status message

3. How to display a status message in vb4

4. Displaying status messages

5. Display message in taskbar status area near a new icon

6. Display status bar on a form

7. Calling a Form and Displaying a Message

8. Error messages display behind always on top form

9. display form while a modal form is displayed

10. Why does Message Box does not display complete Message

11. VBA code to let message appear in status bar

12. How to display text in the status bas?