Section break on last page of document
Author Message
 Section break on last page of document

I have written a template that creates a document containing a user-defined
table of variable size which can span multiple pages. I want a footer to
appear only on the last page of the document so have applied a continuous
section break to the last page. I am having problems with this, mainly that,
if I put the section break in after the table, it is often (but not always)
adding an extra page at the end of the document so that the last section
contains 2 pages instead of one. If I put the section break in the middle of
the table (but still on the last page) I have to remove it to allow the user
to edit the table via a userform.

Is there an easier way to achieve the result Im looking for? Any help would
be gratefully appreciated.

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:01:39 GMT
 Section break on last page of document

Hi Denise,

Yes, there's an easier way.  Toss the section break and put an IF
field in the footer that'll display your footer text only on the
last page:

  { IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "TextToAppearOnlyInLastPageFooter" }

(Insert the braces with CTRL+F9, not with the "{" and "}" keys.)

Hope this helps.

------------ "Life is nothing if you aren't obsessed." --John Waters

> I have written a template that creates a document containing a user-defined
> table of variable size which can span multiple pages. I want a footer to
> appear only on the last page of the document so have applied a continuous
> section break to the last page. I am having problems with this, mainly that,
> if I put the section break in after the table, it is often (but not always)
> adding an extra page at the end of the document so that the last section
> contains 2 pages instead of one. If I put the section break in the middle of
> the table (but still on the last page) I have to remove it to allow the user
> to edit the table via a userform.

> Is there an easier way to achieve the result Im looking for? Any help would
> be gratefully appreciated.

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:31:49 GMT

1. Deleting the last section break in a document using VBA

2. replace page breaks with section breaks

3. Identifying the last paragraph mark or last break on a page

4. suppress page footer section in the last page

6. Saving page breaks from Word documents to text documents

7. Break page in a RTF document (RichTextBox New Page)

8. Break page in a RTF document (RichTextBox New Page)

9. Page Headers & Section Breaks

10. Page settings disappear with docs with >21 section breaks

11. Page and Section Breaks in Word 2000

12. Representing a Section Break (Next Page) in an If Statement