Built-in functions unavailable
Author Message
 Built-in functions unavailable

I have an Access 97 database with several parameter queries. A few weeks ago
the queries started to fail because they could not recognise the Ucase
function. Other databases are unaffected and even a re-install of Access 97
has not resolved the problem. I have created new queries within the database
that use string manipulating functions and they too fail. Any ideas?

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 06:20:45 GMT
 Built-in functions unavailable
You might try opening one of your code modules and check that all of your
references are unbroken. This is usually the cause of this particular
problem.

Quote:

> I have an Access 97 database with several parameter queries. A few weeks
ago
> the queries started to fail because they could not recognise the Ucase
> function. Other databases are unaffected and even a re-install of Access
97
> has not resolved the problem. I have created new queries within the
database
> that use string manipulating functions and they too fail. Any ideas?

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 07:09:57 GMT
 Built-in functions unavailable
Also, if you have run MDAC 2.5, you may have to uncheck your references,
close the reference window then reopen and reset all of them. Sometimes they
get broken with no indicator.

Quote:

> I have an Access 97 database with several parameter queries. A few weeks
ago
> the queries started to fail because they could not recognise the Ucase
> function. Other databases are unaffected and even a re-install of Access
97
> has not resolved the problem. I have created new queries within the
database
> that use string manipulating functions and they too fail. Any ideas?

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 07:14:44 GMT
 Built-in functions unavailable

Thanks

    There was no indication of broken references but after
rechecking them everyting works fine.

Quote:
> Also, if you have run MDAC 2.5, you may have to uncheck your references,
> close the reference window then reopen and reset all of them. Sometimes
they
> get broken with no indicator.

> > I have an Access 97 database with several parameter queries. A few weeks
> ago
> > the queries started to fail because they could not recognise the Ucase
> > function. Other databases are unaffected and even a re-install of Access
> 97
> > has not resolved the problem. I have created new queries within the
> database
> > that use string manipulating functions and they too fail. Any ideas?

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 04:55:17 GMT
 Built-in functions unavailable

an *.mde file is having the same problem.

 function is not available in expressions  mid([xxx],5,2)

any ideas?

Quote:
> You might try opening one of your code modules and check that all of your
> references are unbroken. This is usually the cause of this particular
> problem.

> > I have an Access 97 database with several parameter queries. A few weeks
> ago
> > the queries started to fail because they could not recognise the Ucase
> > function. Other databases are unaffected and even a re-install of Access
> 97
> > has not resolved the problem. I have created new queries within the
> database
> > that use string manipulating functions and they too fail. Any ideas?

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 06:52:33 GMT
 Built-in functions unavailable
Likely one (or more) of the files referenced by the MDE either doesn't exist
on the client, or is a different version than on the original machine.

Tony Toews has written a free OCX/DLL Version Checker that should help you
figure out which file(s) are the problem. You can download it from
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/ocxdllversionchecker.htm

--

Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
Beer, Wine and Database Programming. What could be better?

Quote:
> an *.mde file is having the same problem.

>  function is not available in expressions  mid([xxx],5,2)

> any ideas?

> > You might try opening one of your code modules and check that all of
your
> > references are unbroken. This is usually the cause of this particular
> > problem.

> > > I have an Access 97 database with several parameter queries. A few
weeks
> > ago
> > > the queries started to fail because they could not recognise the Ucase
> > > function. Other databases are unaffected and even a re-install of
Access
> > 97
> > > has not resolved the problem. I have created new queries within the
> > database
> > > that use string manipulating functions and they too fail. Any ideas?

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:06:00 GMT

1. Format Function Unavailable in Query or Control

2. server function unavailable error

3. NPV function unavailable

4. Access Function InStrRev unavailable

5. Show Built In DDE Function Code

6. Built-in functions

7. Built-In Functions Produce Error

8. DAO error 3085 - with BUILT-IN FUNCTIONS

9. code, query or built in functions?

10. Using built-in functions in access queries

11. OL2000 Function to build Word Docs

12. How to build a user-defined function to be used in formulas