doc with activex always opens in design mode
Author Message
 doc with activex always opens in design mode

I made a document with checkboxes for my firm.  When you
save the file with activex design mode off, close the
file, then reopen, the design mode is always on.  Is there
anyway to change this?  Thanks.

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:49:42 GMT
 doc with activex always opens in design mode
Hi Michael,

Quote:
> I made a document with checkboxes for my firm.  When you
> save the file with activex design mode off, close the
> file, then reopen, the design mode is always on.

WHat's the macro security setting (Tools/Macro/Security)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jan 24 2003)
http://www.mvps.org/word

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:59:06 GMT
 doc with activex always opens in design mode
The macro security setting is set to High.

Quote:

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:06:05 GMT
 doc with activex always opens in design mode
Hi Michael,

You and the users need to have the macro setting at
"Medium" and choose to trust the "macros" in your form.

OR

You need to apply a digital signature and have that added
to the "trusted sources" on each computer.

The Control Toolbox fields are all ActiveX controls and
have a VBA portion. This means they activate macro storage
and trigger the macro security.

Quote:
> The macro security setting is set to High.

> >> I made a document with checkboxes for my firm.  When
> you
> >> save the file with activex design mode off, close the
> >> file, then reopen, the design mode is always on.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jan 24 2003)
http://www.mvps.org/word

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:54:13 GMT

1. Always opens in Design Mode???

2. Word Doc goes into design mode

3. doc open in 'form' mode

4. Access opening Excel sheet in visual basic design mode

5. How to open a macro in design mode ?

6. Resizing ActiveX in Design Mode

7. Preventing Word documents from opening in design mode

8. Design mode with ActiveX controls

9. Open in Design mode - XP

10. Open in Design mode?

11. Design mode and ActiveX

12. Word automatically opening in Design Mode