Create workspace
Author Message
 Create workspace

Is it possible to call a function that creates a workspace and use this
workspace information in the calling function?

I have many areas or code that allows users to post data to a secured data
files but some users do not have permissions to open/run the data file. I
want these users to be able to post data to the tables in this data file. I
have create a workspace that will allow these users to open the data file
and post data to the tables. I now want to just insert  the call to the
function that creates the workspace into all my areas of code that calls
this workspace function instead of adding the code to create the workspace
in all areas.

Thanks,
Lou

Access 2000

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:13:06 GMT
 Create workspace
Lou Civitella wrote

Quote:
>Is it possible to call a function that creates a workspace and use
>this workspace information in the calling function?

Can't you return the workspace object? Something like

Dim wrk as DAO.Workspace
   set wrk = fGetWorkspace(various, args, here)

Function fGetWrkSpace(various, args, here) As DAO.Workspace
    set fGetWrkSpace=DBEngine.CreateWorkspace(various, args, here)
End Function

  -- Dev

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:11:36 GMT

1. creating WORKSPACE in code

2. Creating workspace in Visual Basic 4.0

3. Can't Create Workspace (and other errors)

4. Create Workspace error on a secure database

5. Error 3028 Creating Workspace

6. Can't Create Workspace (and other errors)

7. Create Workspace error on a secure database

8. Cannot create workspace

9. Unable to create Jet Workspace..

10. creating ODBCDirect workspace; security

11. Unable to create a workspace object

12. Creating a new workspace object