Outlook click event
Author Message
 Outlook click event
Here's my problem:

I have a custom form (for company wide QC), on this form
is a cmd button, I need to capture the click event for
this cmd button to do some processing in VBA.  The only
way I found to do this is to add a call to a custom Sub in
ThisOutlookSession to the script editor with VBScript.
This works well, as long as I'm running the form from
design mode, but, if I open the form on its own, or send
the form through email, the vbscript code no longer runs
when I click the button.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 04:57:47 GMT
 Outlook click event
Rob

I think the problem is because your code is stored in ThisOutlookSession and
not in the form itself, I would think that you could either put the code
into your custom form(I assume this is possible) or you could put the code
in everyones ThisOutlookSession.

Just my two pence worth, hope this helps

Andy

Quote:
> Here's my problem:

> I have a custom form (for company wide QC), on this form
> is a cmd button, I need to capture the click event for
> this cmd button to do some processing in VBA.  The only
> way I found to do this is to add a call to a custom Sub in
> ThisOutlookSession to the script editor with vbscript.
> This works well, as long as I'm running the form from
> design mode, but, if I open the form on its own, or send
> the form through email, the vbscript code no longer runs
> when I click the button.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 06:27:53 GMT
 Outlook click event
No, I have the code in the script editor of the form. The
form is an Outlook Template.  The Click_Event code in the
script editor calls the Sub I created in
ThisOutlookSession.  Like I said, this all works perfectly
in design mode, but it won't work after I send the email.
I can't capture the click event in ThisOutlookSession
because I can't figure out the class the object is
supposed to be defined, and someone in one of these
newsgroups said it's impossible(?).  I don't think the
form is offed (off?) because "Send Form definition with
items" checkbox is cheked in the form properties.  Anyone
have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I'm just a simple VB
programmer, this outlook stuff is uncharted territory for
me.
Quote:

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:39:36 GMT

1. Outlook 2000: How to add an event handler to double click on a mail

2. Click Event with Outlook VBA

3. Click Event Outlook 2000

4. Calling MS-Word from button event click on outlook 98/2000

5. Capturing Click events in Outlook?????

6. Click Event going right to Contacts in Outlook

7. Capture click/double-click events from datatable

8. Calling a click event without clicking

9. label click event only works with right mouse click

10. System tray icon, single click event fires before double click

11. Click and Double-click events

12. Form Click .vs. Double-Click Events