Getting POP3-email without MS Outlook
Author Message
 Getting POP3-email without MS Outlook

Hi,

Is there any possibility to get POP3-email without the use of MS Outlook?
Now I use an Outlook-macro to get my email-messages and write them into a
database, but the problem is that Outlook must run allways. I just want to
write a "robot" that gets my email every 2 minutes.
Any idea how to do this?

Thanks,

Sam

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:50:40 GMT
 Getting POP3-email without MS Outlook

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there any possibility to get POP3-email without the use of MS Outlook?
> Now I use an Outlook-macro to get my email-messages and write them into a
> database, but the problem is that Outlook must run allways. I just want to
> write a "robot" that gets my email every 2 minutes.
> Any idea how to do this?

Well, you could use the CDO stuff to automate outlook and run your utility
from the task scheduler every 2 minutes... or you could use winsock and talk
directly to your POP3 server and run your utility from the task scheduler
every 2 minutes.. or you could find a 3rd party POP control like the one
over at www.mabry.com and run your task from the task scheduler every 2
minutes... or you could do any of the above and use a timer to run your task
every two minutes.

There are tons of ways to accomplish this... Which way were you thinking?

Tom Shelton

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:04:26 GMT
 Getting POP3-email without MS Outlook
I did not know there are CDO's to do so...
That sounds great! I will try it this way and hope it will work! Thanks a
lot!

Sam

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > Is there any possibility to get POP3-email without the use of MS
Outlook?
> > Now I use an Outlook-macro to get my email-messages and write them into
> > database, but the problem is that Outlook must run allways. I just want
> > write a "robot" that gets my email every 2 minutes.
> > Any idea how to do this?

> Well, you could use the CDO stuff to automate outlook and run your utility
> from the task scheduler every 2 minutes... or you could use winsock and
talk
> directly to your POP3 server and run your utility from the task scheduler
> every 2 minutes.. or you could find a 3rd party POP control like the one
> over at www.mabry.com and run your task from the task scheduler every 2
> minutes... or you could do any of the above and use a timer to run your
task
> every two minutes.

> There are tons of ways to accomplish this... Which way were you thinking?

> Tom Shelton

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:19:23 GMT

1. Getting POP3-email without MS Outlook

2. Getting POP3-email without MS Outlook

3. Automatically Emailing Data from MS Access to MS Outlook

4. Automatically Emailing Data from MS Access to MS Outlook

5. Hoe to send email without outlook

6. How to send email without using Outlook ?

7. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

8. Word Document to Outlook as an email body without loosing the formatting

9. How to Send/Receive emails via a .EXE without starting Outlook

10. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

11. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

12. MS's Sample Send Email without SMTP Service Script