Registry Setting to Change Save As Directory
Author Message
 Registry Setting to Change Save As Directory

Greetings,
I would like to configure users to have their MS Office products,
especially Word, to automatically save their files to their user
directory on my server, rather than c:\my documents on their local
drive. Is there a registry tweak that I can do to make this possible?
TIA
Jim Adams
Maysville, KY USA

Tue, 04 May 2004 21:21:59 GMT
 Registry Setting to Change Save As Directory
Hi Jim,

If you want to do this when installing (over the network), look in the
Office Resource Kit for whichever version of Office you have. There is
a way to set any number of things during install.

Otherwise, it's in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Version#\Word\Options

Quote:
> I would like to configure users to have their MS Office products,
> especially Word, to automatically save their files to their user
> directory on my server, rather than c:\my documents on their local
> drive. Is there a registry tweak that I can do to make this possible?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Tue, 04 May 2004 22:22:29 GMT

1. set directory into which document will have to be saved by user

2. Setting a default save directory for new application

3. Getting and Saving Registry Settings

4. Change Directory Code for Save As Box

5. Save settings in registry

6. Saving Windows Registry Settings to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

7. Saving settings on Registry during Setup...

8. Saving Registry Settings

9. Registry and Saving Application Settings

10. How can I change VB default save directory?

11. Save settings in registry

12. Save settings in registry