Size text box to fit text in Word 2000
Author Message
 Size text box to fit text in Word 2000

In Word 2000 text boxes are static - their size does not change to fit
additional text inside the text box. Instead, the text wraps below the
bottom of the text box.

Word 2002 offers option to "Resize Autoshape to Fit Text" but I need
compliementary functionality for Word 2000 and I would prefer not to use
frames.

Does anyone have a procedure to support this?

Thanks in advance for assistance!

Scott Mesick

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:20:25 GMT
 Size text box to fit text in Word 2000
this fits the bill:

With Activedocument.Shapes(1)
    While .Textframe.Overflowing
        .Height = .Height + 1
    Wend
End With

Quote:
> In Word 2000 text boxes are static - their size does not change to fit
> additional text inside the text box. Instead, the text wraps below the
> bottom of the text box.

> Word 2002 offers option to "Resize Autoshape to Fit Text" but I need
> compliementary functionality for Word 2000 and I would prefer not to use
> frames.

> Does anyone have a procedure to support this?

> Thanks in advance for assistance!

> Scott Mesick

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:05:37 GMT

1. using VB text boxes data but not text boxes in word 2000

2. Text from vba text box (>2000 characters) to a Word bookmard

3. Multiple Text lines with text wrap to fit the textbox size

4. Resizing a text box to fit the text.

5. Text won't fit in text box

6. spell check text box in word 2000 form

7. auto size a shape to fit the text

8. Formatted Word 2000 text in SQL 2000

9. Formatted Word 2000 text in SQL 2000

10. Text box text on new page text box

11. Replacing Text in Text Boxes in Word Doc from VB

12. Formatted text from rich text box to Word