Using MDB on Web as datasource
Author Message
 Using MDB on Web as datasource

I am trying to use an MDB on a web server to allow users to connect via DSL
from an Access 97 front end client from their home to the MDB on the web.
This is with Access 97.  I have researched all I can and I still have no
clear option.  Can any of you suggest a solution that will allow a remote
user to connect to a DB from Access 97 client with linked tables?

I have tried web folders, but I cannot link to web folders.

Thanks a million for the sharp ones that can answer this question.

Chad Chamberlain

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:27:54 GMT
 Using MDB on Web as datasource
Hello
I don't know exactly what all functionality you need, but one idea is to
upgrade your web server Access to Access 2K, With A2K you can create a web
page based on a table form or query and then have your users HTML right into
it.
HTH
Fred.

Quote:
> I am trying to use an MDB on a web server to allow users to connect via
DSL
> from an Access 97 front end client from their home to the MDB on the web.
> This is with Access 97.  I have researched all I can and I still have no
> clear option.  Can any of you suggest a solution that will allow a remote
> user to connect to a DB from Access 97 client with linked tables?

> I have tried web folders, but I cannot link to web folders.

> Thanks a million for the sharp ones that can answer this question.

> Chad Chamberlain

Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:44:57 GMT

1. Copy data from MDB on LAN to MDB on web server

2. Connect to MDB without configuring Datasource

3. connect mdb without configuring datasource

4. .mdb path to Access datasource

5. .mdb Path for Access Datasource

6. Need .mdb path from ODBC datasource

7. Using mdb reference is allowed only from mdb file

8. blank report using web using Web Forms Viewer

9. Programmatically Bind Datasource to Web Control

10. use web page as a datasource

11. Changing datasource for web report

12. web programing plus using the web &Crystal