Unique entry IDs
Author Message
 Unique entry IDs

I'm developing a VBA script for Outlook and would like to
know if there is a unique reference or primary key of
sorts for each folder entry.

Does each item (appointment, contact, message, etc.) have
a unique id assigned to it upon creation?

Thanks for your help,

Phil

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:36:02 GMT
 Unique entry IDs
Yes, EntryID

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> I'm developing a VBA script for Outlook and would like to
> know if there is a unique reference or primary key of
> sorts for each folder entry.

> Does each item (appointment, contact, message, etc.) have
> a unique id assigned to it upon creation?

> Thanks for your help,

> Phil

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:01:43 GMT
 Unique entry IDs
Careful, though, because my understanding is that the
EntryID can change in several circumstances which could
easily be encountered under normal usage.

I have used fields such as contacts.user1 to store my own
unique keys which are held in SQL Server.

Rob.

Quote:

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:57:12 GMT
 Unique entry IDs
No, entry ids never change unless a message is deleted or moved. You can use
PR_SEARCH_KEY property instead (it is not changed when a message is
copied/moved) , but it is not accessible using the Outlook Object Model.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> Careful, though, because my understanding is that the
> EntryID can change in several circumstances which could
> easily be encountered under normal usage.

> I have used fields such as contacts.user1 to store my own
> unique keys which are held in SQL Server.

> Rob.

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 00:52:36 GMT

1. How to extract ContactItem entry id from the AddressEntry entry id

2. Code to generate unique ID

3. Unique machine ID

4. Unique ID of current PC

5. Access 97 updating Table w/Unique ID

6. Is this OK: Finding unique ID of new record by rst.FieldName

7. obtaining unique mail id

8. Unique ID for a Contact item....

9. Unique ID for contact item

10. Unique id for appointments