Continuous pages for multiple reports
Author Message
 Continuous pages for multiple reports

Thanks so much for your precious time!

My database has several reports that the users want to print either
individually, or as part of a larger group of several reports. Problem
is
page numbers.

When the user selects a group of reports to print, I want the page
numbers
to run consecutively throughout the reports: e.g., if first report is 3
pages long, second report should start with page 4 as the number of the
first page. Same for all successive reports in the group.

Many thanks in advance!

Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Continuous pages for multiple reports
Try including all the reports as subreports on one big main
report....

Michael

Quote:
> Thanks so much for your precious time!

> My database has several reports that the users want to
print either
> individually, or as part of a larger group of several
reports. Problem
> is
> page numbers.

> When the user selects a group of reports to print, I want
the page
> numbers
> to run consecutively throughout the reports: e.g., if
first report is 3
> pages long, second report should start with page 4 as the
number of the
> first page. Same for all successive reports in the group.

> Many thanks in advance!

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Continuous pages for multiple reports
I had read somewhere that if you print a second report from the close event
of the first report and add the [Pages] property of the first Report (Total
# of Pages)   to the [Page] property of the second report, you could get
consecutive number.

- something like this on the footer of the second report:

= "Page " & ([Page] +[Reports]!Report1.[Pages]

 I cannot recall exactly where I had read this.  I am trying to make this
work, but it doesn't seem to.  May be someone else in the group knows
something about this technique.

Deep

Quote:

>Try including all the reports as subreports on one big main
>report....

>Michael

>> Thanks so much for your precious time!

>> My database has several reports that the users want to
>print either
>> individually, or as part of a larger group of several
>reports. Problem
>> is
>> page numbers.

>> When the user selects a group of reports to print, I want
>the page
>> numbers
>> to run consecutively throughout the reports: e.g., if
>first report is 3
>> pages long, second report should start with page 4 as the
>number of the
>> first page. Same for all successive reports in the group.

>> Many thanks in advance!

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Continuous pages for multiple reports
It worked for me in the following manner:

Create a Text Box on the first Report. Set its Control Source =[Pages]. This
is necessary to initialize the Pages property. Make this Text Box invisible.

Open the Second Report from the Close Event of the First Report. In the
second Report's Open Event, read the Value of Pages Property of the first
report (See Sub Below).  Add this Number to the Page property of the Second
Report to get your consecutive number for the second Report.

Public prpPage As Integer
Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
prpPage = Reports!Report1.Pages

End Sub

Your footer for the second Report should be like this :

="Page" & ([Page]+[Report].[prpPage])

Deep

Quote:

>I had read somewhere that if you print a second report from the close event
>of the first report and add the [Pages] property of the first Report (Total
># of Pages)   to the [Page] property of the second report, you could get
>consecutive number.

>- something like this on the footer of the second report:

>= "Page " & ([Page] +[Reports]!Report1.[Pages]

> I cannot recall exactly where I had read this.  I am trying to make this
>work, but it doesn't seem to.  May be someone else in the group knows
>something about this technique.

>Deep

>>Try including all the reports as subreports on one big main
>>report....

>>Michael

>>> Thanks so much for your precious time!

>>> My database has several reports that the users want to
>>print either
>>> individually, or as part of a larger group of several
>>reports. Problem
>>> is
>>> page numbers.

>>> When the user selects a group of reports to print, I want
>>the page
>>> numbers
>>> to run consecutively throughout the reports: e.g., if
>>first report is 3
>>> pages long, second report should start with page 4 as the
>>number of the
>>> first page. Same for all successive reports in the group.

>>> Many thanks in advance!

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing multiple page report to multiple bins for collating vb4.0 Crystal 5

3. Help Multiple page Report with Crystal Report

4. MSFlexGrid - multiple, non-continuous select

5. Consecutive page numbers on multiple reports

6. Printing multiple pages of a report

7. Data Report Question - Printing Multiple Pages

8. Data Report Question - Printing Multiple Pages

9. printer object prob with multiple page report

10. multiple page sizes in one report

11. multiple page reports

12. Reports printed on multiple pages as Excel...