Undefined function 'Date' in expression
Author Message
 Undefined function 'Date' in expression

I have a simple select query I am able to use on my
system, but I get this error when moved to another PC with
Access 2000 "Undefined function 'Date' in expression"

I am using Office 2000 Developer (Windows 2000 pro)

Client has Office 2000 professional (Windows 2000 pro

It seems the client pc does not understand the Date()
function.  Is there a particular file that needs updated
on the client PC?

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:28:51 GMT
 Undefined function 'Date' in expression
Hi Tim,

Generally, this indicates the machine is having problems
accessing the VBA .dll file that contains these functions.
Most often, the cause is "DLL Hell": the version of the DLL
the application is looking for doesn't correspond to the one
actually installed.

You could try opening a VBA project in the VBEditor, then in
Tools/References uncheck anything to do with VBA (note the
names). Close the database, reopen, and reactivate those
checkboxes. With any luck, the list will have updated to
include the object libraries actually installed on the
machine.

The closest Knowledge Base article I find for this, on
Access, is:

ACC2002:Undefined Function Err Opening Query That Calls
Function [Q275110]

Quote:
> I have a simple select query I am able to use on my
> system, but I get this error when moved to another PC with
> Access 2000 "Undefined function 'Date' in expression"

> I am using Office 2000 Developer (Windows 2000 pro)

> Client has Office 2000 professional (Windows 2000 pro

> It seems the client pc does not understand the Date()
> function.  Is there a particular file that needs updated
> on the client PC?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:03:16 GMT
 Undefined function 'Date' in expression
I developed an Excel procedure with Office 2000 Pro
installed that included both the Date() and Format()
functions.  When moved to a machine with only Office for
Small Business installed, I got a compile error that the
project or library was not found--yet MS Excel 9.0 library
was checked in References.  I use Date() all the time in
Access 2000 with Pro and have had no problems.  ????

Quote:

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 07:41:53 GMT
 Undefined function 'Date' in expression
Hi,

I sometimes getting the same problem, moving a Access-App
to a differnt machine, even Access-Apps running for month
very well, but one day this "Date undefined error occurs".
I didn't mess around with that, just use a workaround that
did well up to now ( Access 97 and XP)

1. Create a new, clean Access DB on the target machine
2. Open both your Access-Application and the Clean
Database on the target machine
3. Copy by Drag&Drop (!!! not import !!!) all elements of
you Application in the "Clean Database"
4. Close both
5 Open the new AccessDB and things should work

Up to know this allways solved the problem, without
messing around with DDL-Version numbers.

Peter

Quote:

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 17:13:16 GMT

1. Undefined function 'replace' in expression

2. Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression

3. Undefined function 'Left' in expression

4. Undefined function 'nz' in query expression

5. Undefined function 'DMax' in expression

6. Undefined Function 'xxxxx' in Expression

7. Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression

8. Error-- Undefined Function 'LEFT' in express

9. Error 3075: function isn't available in expressions in query expression

10. Function isn't available in expressions in query expression

11. Help: Function isn't available in expressions in query expression

12. Undefined function 'NZ' in expression (Error 3085)--HELP!!!