How to process up to 10000 messages a day , Combination VB Outlook
Author Message
 How to process up to 10000 messages a day , Combination VB Outlook

Hi,
I have to scan inbox and serch messages for a specific string. The best way
for me is to run a VB app with would log in, retrieve all messages and
process them.
I have no experience with Outlook automation, so I need an example code to
start with

Thank you in advance,
Alex

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to process up to 10000 messages a day , Combination VB Outlook
Here is an article to get you started...
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q201/0/96.asp

Best advice that I can give is to pick up a couple of books from you local
bookstore that cover Outlook Automation.  For a look at some possible titles
from your tech chair, head over to Sue Mosher's www.slipstick.com site and
check out the Bookstore area for a good list of books.  IMHO, highly
recommend the one by her and the other by Randy Byrne.  Also, Wrox just put
one (Outlook 2000 programming) out that was written by Ken Slovak, Chris
Burnam, and Dwayne Gifford.  It looks to be an awesome reference but haven't
had the chance to put it through its paces.

/N

Note:  You can catch Sue, Randy, Ken, and Chris answering questions in the
outlook news groups.   Where else can you go to ask questions and possible
get answers by such talent?

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have to scan inbox and serch messages for a specific string. The best
way
> for me is to run a VB app with would log in, retrieve all messages and
> process them.
> I have no experience with Outlook automation, so I need an example code to
> start with

> Thank you in advance,
> Alex

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to process up to 10000 messages a day , Combination VB Outlook
See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/outtech.htm for links to the Outlook object
model tutorial and other basic references. There is also a lot of sample
code in the Outlook VBA help file, so just add Outlook to your project
references and start browsing.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> Hi,
> I have to scan inbox and serch messages for a specific string. The best
way
> for me is to run a VB app with would log in, retrieve all messages and
> process them.
> I have no experience with Outlook automation, so I need an example code to
> start with

> Thank you in advance,
> Alex

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. >10000 lines Excel - MailMerge with word via VBA Macro

2. 10000 records in access database with images

3. 16 & 39 = 10000

4. Changing the settings on 10000 computers

5. Factorial of 10000

6. Moving an attached outlook message into a Outlook MailItem object with VB/VBA

7. Outlook Hang ups

8. Processing during loop i.e. Application.Process Messages

9. Please Help: How to intercept message processing loop in VB form

10. Questions of VB messages exchanging/processing

11. Message Processing in VB