Edit Access Record in Excel, then send back to Access using VBA
Author Message
 Edit Access Record in Excel, then send back to Access using VBA

I learned how to query Access in Excel and bring a record into Excel.

What I would like to do is, after editing the record in excel,  put it back
into Access as an edited record.
Not as a new record.

If someone has an example of some code that does this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 04:01:58 GMT
 Edit Access Record in Excel, then send back to Access using VBA
Why not use linked tables? From Access do File, Get External Data,
Link Tables. Choose Microsoft Excel for the File Type. Then changes
made to either the Access table or Excel worksheet will be reflected
in both.

MRO

Quote:

> I learned how to query Access in Excel and bring a record into Excel.

> What I would like to do is, after editing the record in excel,  put it back
> into Access as an edited record.
> Not as a new record.

> If someone has an example of some code that does this I'd appreciate it.

> Thanks for your help in advance.

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:50:57 GMT

1. Using VBA to Send info from Excel Back to Access in Office 97

2. Access to Outlook and back to Access again using VBA

3. From Access to Outlook and back to Access again using VBA

4. DHTML Edit Control, RTF Edit Control, Access 97 Client, SQLServer 7.0 Back End

5. DHTML Edit Control, RTF Edit Control, Access 97 Client, SQLServer 7.0 Back End

6. Running excel add-in (added into excel - not access) in Access VBA

7. Edit an Access Record in Excel

8. Editing and deleting record from access using VB6

9. Back to back Excel & Word VBA macros

10. Executing a Records from Word VBA using an Access UDF

11. Updating current record used by a Form?- VBA in Access 97

12. Using Access VBA to add multiple records in a loop to a table from a form