"must use updateable query" Question
Author Message
 "must use updateable query" Question

Hi to All,

Logically, or perhaps in my flawed logic, it makes no sense why I can't
create the following in a QBE.

I want to update a field in a table with the field value from a select
query.  I join the table to the select query  (and I've tried all three join
types) on a unique id contained in both the table and the select query.
Since I'm updating the table why do I get this blasted message?  I'm not
changing a value in the select query - only the table.

PS this is in Access 97.

Thanks in advance,
Moira

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:37:47 GMT
 "must use updateable query" Question
Okay - I forgot that the Acc 97 has a "design limitation" for updating a
"sum" field in a select query to a table.  I found the work arounds in the
following knowledge base article, in case anyone else needs it:

Knowledge base article ID: Q116142

Quote:
> Hi to All,

> Logically, or perhaps in my flawed logic, it makes no sense why I can't
> create the following in a QBE.

> I want to update a field in a table with the field value from a select
> query.  I join the table to the select query  (and I've tried all three
join
> types) on a unique id contained in both the table and the select query.
> Since I'm updating the table why do I get this blasted message?  I'm not
> changing a value in the select query - only the table.

> PS this is in Access 97.

> Thanks in advance,
> Moira

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 02:55:39 GMT

1. DOCVARIABLE not "updateable" (F9)

2. Export "Query Text" using VBA

3. Newbie question: "undefined function in query", Access db

4. ""Declare" query

5. Question on using "EXIT SUB"

6. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

7. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

8. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

9. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

10. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

11. DLL or something like "#"#ยค#"!"#