Disabling database window and other properties using VB
Author Message
 Disabling database window and other properties using VB

Greetings,

I am looking to control the access to a backend database
(repository of tables only). It will be linked to a
frontend (forms queries, & reports)

What I would like to do is to prevent users from Accessing
any of the tables in the backend EXCEPT thru the front-end
interface.

In other words, Prevent them from looking at the backend
database window, Importing tables or linking to them from
another, user developed, database etc.

I have attempted to "lock-Down" the window using the
startup properties but would like a "Fine-tuned" control
of these features.

Is there a way using VBA code way to..
1) initially assign these properties
2) control them so that if an admin needs access the
features are easily switchable back to the "un-locked"
open position.

Thank you in advance for any help and CODE that you can
provide

Sincerely,

Jerry Tilden

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 06:27:55 GMT

1. Changing Access Database Field Properties using VB

2. Enable/Disable the Database Window

3. How Can I Create a Property Windows Like VB5 Properties Window

4. Invoking Windows Services property window from VB/VC++

5. Invoking Windows Services property window from VB/VC++

6. using window api hiding task bar or disable

7. window task bar and desktop disable or all icon disable

8. table "properties in the database window

9. Making the call stack window (and others) resizable?

10. make a window force others below

11. Keep Window on top of ALL OTHERS in OS.

12. finding out if others are logged on to a database