Merging two Documents
Author Message
 Merging two Documents

Given d1 and d2, both WORD.Document. I would like to append d2 to d1,
starting on a new page, copying all contents, all header/footer, page
layout, ...

How would I do this?

Michael G. Schneider

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:07:24 GMT
 Merging two Documents
Open d1. Go to the end of the document. Insert a next page section break. Go
to Insert > File and select d2.

This manages content, headers and footers, and page layout, etc. But you
have a problem if both documents use the same style names, with different
definitions, because the resulting document will have only one definition
for each style name. If this is the case, you'll need, first, to take one of
the documents and rename the conflicting styles.

Quote:
> Given d1 and d2, both WORD.Document. I would like to append d2 to d1,
> starting on a new page, copying all contents, all header/footer, page
> layout, ...

> How would I do this?

> Michael G. Schneider

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:43:33 GMT
 Merging two Documents

Quote:

> > Given d1 and d2, both WORD.Document. I would like to append d2 to d1,
> > starting on a new page, copying all contents, all header/footer, page
> > layout, ...

Quote:
> Open d1. Go to the end of the document. Insert a next page section break.
Go
> to Insert > File and select d2.

> This manages content, headers and footers, and page layout, etc.

Thank's for the answer. I did not quite succeed.

After inserting a page break, a new empty page is created. This empty page
has the header/footer as well as the page layout of d1. After inserting d2,
the header and footer are correctly replaced by those of d2. However, the
page layout (horizontal/vertical, page margins, ...) remains that of d1.

Michael G. Schneider

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:58:07 GMT

1. How to merge two documents ?

2. (Q211727) Mail merge document restored to normal document - Word 2000

3. Opening Merge Document tries to remerge the document

4. merge two queries in one form?

5. Merge causes two accesses

6. Merging Two Word97 docs into one

7. Merging two access databases/tables

8. Create Formula to Align/Merge Two Fields

9. Merging data from two databases

10. Merge two wave file in one single wave file

11. Elegant way to merge two text files

12. Creating Formula to Align/Merge Two Fields