userform stops working after removing VB
Author Message
 userform stops working after removing VB

Hi NG,
I installed VB just to have a look at some differences with VBA which I use
with Word97 and Windows95.
After looking at it and also because the VB version is only 5.0  I removed
it from my computer.
From that moment on I could no longer base any new document on a template
with a userform anymore.
Just new documents, not new templates.
This is the error (not literally, it's translated from dutch)

Error '5981' during execution
The location used for macros cannot be opened

Tracking highlights the phrase   With ActiveDocument after Private Sub
Userform_Initialize()
which never caused problems.

Saving the template with another name does not help
A copy on another computer produces the same error ; and there also no error
if opened with a new template
Reinstalling VB solves the problem but that offcourse is not what I want.

I solved it with a backup copy of the particular template but I really
wonder what has gone wrong.

Flip Kalee

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:55:22 GMT
 userform stops working after removing VB
Hi Flip,

Sounds like the English error "Could not open macro storage". And I'm
guessing the back-and-forth with VB has overwritten a DLL VBA uses, which
uninstalling VB has also uninstalled.

Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling OFFICE?

Quote:
> I installed VB just to have a look at some differences with VBA which I use
> with Word97 and Windows95.
> After looking at it and also because the VB version is only 5.0  I removed
> it from my computer.
> From that moment on I could no longer base any new document on a template
> with a userform anymore.
> Just new documents, not new templates.
> This is the error (not literally, it's translated from dutch)

> Error '5981' during execution
> The location used for macros cannot be opened

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:13:12 GMT
 userform stops working after removing VB
Hi Cindy,
Reinstalling OF97 did not help.
I agree VB must have done something but
1) The error also comes up when I put the template on another computer
2) It does NOT come up when I choose New, Template <the template with the
userform> , it only happens when I choose New, Document
3) There are a few more templates with (other) userforms. All are working
ok.
Lucky me has a reasonable fresh backup ;-)
Thanks anyway,
Flip

Quote:
> Hi Flip,

> Sounds like the English error "Could not open macro storage". And I'm
> guessing the back-and-forth with VB has overwritten a DLL VBA uses, which
> uninstalling VB has also uninstalled.

> Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling OFFICE?

> > I installed VB just to have a look at some differences with VBA which I
use
> > with Word97 and Windows95.
> > After looking at it and also because the VB version is only 5.0  I
removed
> > it from my computer.
> > From that moment on I could no longer base any new document on a
template
> > with a userform anymore.
> > Just new documents, not new templates.
> > This is the error (not literally, it's translated from dutch)

> > Error '5981' during execution
> > The location used for macros cannot be opened

> Cindy Meister
> INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
> http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister
> http://www.mvps.org/word
> http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

> This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or
> reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:03:19 GMT
 userform stops working after removing VB
btw
did you know reinstalling OF97 kills the Favorites list from IE, wonder what
more is gone...
Flip

Quote:
> Hi Cindy,
> Reinstalling OF97 did not help.
> I agree VB must have done something but
> 1) The error also comes up when I put the template on another computer
> 2) It does NOT come up when I choose New, Template <the template with the
> userform> , it only happens when I choose New, Document
> 3) There are a few more templates with (other) userforms. All are working
> ok.
> Lucky me has a reasonable fresh backup ;-)
> Thanks anyway,
> Flip

> > Hi Flip,

> > Sounds like the English error "Could not open macro storage". And I'm
> > guessing the back-and-forth with VB has overwritten a DLL VBA uses,
which
> > uninstalling VB has also uninstalled.

> > Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling OFFICE?

> > > I installed VB just to have a look at some differences with VBA which
> use
> > > with Word97 and Windows95.
> > > After looking at it and also because the VB version is only 5.0  I
> removed
> > > it from my computer.
> > > From that moment on I could no longer base any new document on a
> template
> > > with a userform anymore.
> > > Just new documents, not new templates.
> > > This is the error (not literally, it's translated from dutch)

> > > Error '5981' during execution
> > > The location used for macros cannot be opened

> > Cindy Meister
> > INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
> > http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister
> > http://www.mvps.org/word
> > http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

> > This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question
or
> > reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:07:24 GMT
 userform stops working after removing VB

is it a case that the removed VBA is referenced from an entry or exit
macro field on your form fields? This would probably produce the
effects you mention.

this:

Quote:
>btw
>did you know reinstalling OF97 kills the Favorites list from IE, wonder what
>more is gone...
>Flip

>> Hi Cindy,
>> Reinstalling OF97 did not help.
>> I agree VB must have done something but
>> 1) The error also comes up when I put the template on another computer
>> 2) It does NOT come up when I choose New, Template <the template with the
>> userform> , it only happens when I choose New, Document
>> 3) There are a few more templates with (other) userforms. All are working
>> ok.
>> Lucky me has a reasonable fresh backup ;-)
>> Thanks anyway,
>> Flip

>> > Hi Flip,

>> > Sounds like the English error "Could not open macro storage". And I'm
>> > guessing the back-and-forth with VB has overwritten a DLL VBA uses,
>which
>> > uninstalling VB has also uninstalled.

>> > Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling OFFICE?

>> use
>> removed
>> template

>> > Cindy Meister
>> > INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
>> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
>> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
>> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

>> > This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question
>or
>> > reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
{*filter*} teacher, trainer, tutor, writer, developer

You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it. (For List and blog use.)

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:30:00 GMT
 userform stops working after removing VB
Hi Steve,
Thanks for responding
You may be right about this but I cannot repair it. I added a few
OptionButtons while VB was installed.
Removing (after VB was uninstalled) did not help. The error highlights at
the phrase  With ActiveDocument so right where the form is initialized.
Anyway, this story is strange because this would mean that it is impossible
to write VBA macros with VB installed. They will work on the developper
computer, not on any other machine.
Flip

Quote:

> is it a case that the removed VBA is referenced from an entry or exit
> macro field on your form fields? This would probably produce the
> effects you mention.

> this:

> >btw
> >did you know reinstalling OF97 kills the Favorites list from IE, wonder
what
> >more is gone...
> >Flip

> >> Hi Cindy,
> >> Reinstalling OF97 did not help.
> >> I agree VB must have done something but
> >> 1) The error also comes up when I put the template on another computer
> >> 2) It does NOT come up when I choose New, Template <the template with
the
> >> userform> , it only happens when I choose New, Document
> >> 3) There are a few more templates with (other) userforms. All are
working
> >> ok.
> >> Lucky me has a reasonable fresh backup ;-)
> >> Thanks anyway,
> >> Flip

> >which

> >> use
> >> removed
> >> template

> >or

> Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
> {*filter*} teacher, trainer, tutor, writer, developer

> You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused

publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it. (For List and blog use.)

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:56:58 GMT
 userform stops working after removing VB

maybe you need to set a reference via Tools > References to the
Microsoft Word Object Library

this:

Quote:
>Hi Steve,
>Thanks for responding
>You may be right about this but I cannot repair it. I added a few
>OptionButtons while VB was installed.
>Removing (after VB was uninstalled) did not help. The error highlights at
>the phrase  With ActiveDocument so right where the form is initialized.
>Anyway, this story is strange because this would mean that it is impossible
>to write VBA macros with VB installed. They will work on the developper
>computer, not on any other machine.
>Flip

>> is it a case that the removed VBA is referenced from an entry or exit
>> macro field on your form fields? This would probably produce the
>> effects you mention.

>> this:

>> >btw
>> >did you know reinstalling OF97 kills the Favorites list from IE, wonder
>what
>> >more is gone...
>> >Flip

>the
>working

>> >which

>which

>question
>> >or

>> Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
>> {*filter*} teacher, trainer, tutor, writer, developer

>> You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused
>publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it. (For List and blog use.)

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
{*filter*} teacher, trainer, tutor, writer, developer

You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it. (For List and blog use.)

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:29:53 GMT

1. VB BEEP Command Stopped Working

2. VB stop working after CR8...Help

3. Remove title bar from Userform or Window

4. Auto Delete or auto remove userForm

5. Remove userform from final document

6. Stop search after find/remove 2 replacements

7. ShellExecute routine not working from VBA UserForm

8. Userform.show method not working in saved doc

9. Damsel Working On New UserForm

10. Userform.hide won't work!

11. Temporary Save While Working UserForm

12. Can UserForms work with ADO DataCombo?