How do I start a query/filter from a form to a subform?
Author Message
 How do I start a query/filter from a form to a subform?

I'm starting a database were our employees can put in an order on
our boats. And I've got pretty far but since it's different equipment for
each boat, I want to have some code that sense that when I select
for exemple a Hunter 310 (a boat) then the filter namned Hunter_310
for the equipmentlist should start so only the equipment for the Hunter
310 should be available in the subform.

Private Sub B?ttyp_Change()
    DoCmd.ApplyFilter "Hunter_310", ""

Form_Load_Exit:
    Exit Sub

Form_Load_Err:
    MsgBox Error$
    Resume Form_Load_Exit
End Sub

This is how far I've got but that only starts the filter in that form I'm
in. How do
I tell it to start the filter in another form. The other forms name is
Utrustning
and the name of the database (if you need it) is Offert Hunter.

The best if it could use the string in B?ttyp beacuse that's the same as
the
filtername.

Does anyone have a clue of what I'm trying to do? And how I should fix it?
I appreciate any answers.

From Clueless right now.

/Johan

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Applying a filter on a form filters subforms, too

2. Form goes to 1st record when filter applied to subform

3. Filter By Form Using Subform Fields

4. Help: Form/Subform filter

5. Requery a Combo Box on a Subform When Filtering the Main Form in Access 7.0

6. Starting query from a form (criterium being based on a text field in the form)

7. navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform

8. changing the sourceobject of subform when the form and subform are loaded

9. Filter the results of a Form (query) to a Report

10. Need help:menu item to save as query a filter by form

11. Filter Querry on Subform using calender control

12. Setting the Filter property on subform