Setting Initial Value In Combo Box
Author Message
 Setting Initial Value In Combo Box

Haven't checked if it actually works, but try using sth like

cboMyCombo=cboMyCombo.ItemData(0)

in the OnOpen event of your form. You can replace 0 by the record you want
to display.
Hope it works...

George Diamantopoulos

'Not an Access professional.'
'Don't blame me if it doesn't work.'

Quote:

>I am currently using a combo box in a form to select records displayed in a
>subform.
>i.e to display all records for a particular company

>The combo box is populated with values from the companies table

>On opening the form there is no value shown in the combo box.

>I would like to be able to do both of the following:

>1. Have the first value in the list displayed in the box; or

>2. Specify the list item (ie ComNum5) and have it displayed in the box on
>opening the form

>Any thoughts for a good solution?

>Guy

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Initial Value In Combo Box

or selected(1) = true

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting Initial Values In A Combo Box

2. How to set default value of combo box to value of record in database

3. enter data in a combo box based on value from another combo box

4. Setting Combo box ListIndex initiates Combo box Click event

5. For a bind combo box with display member and value member set

6. setting a default value to a Combo box

7. Setting value in combo box

8. Combo box - initial display

9. How do you set the initial value of a Static variable

10. Combo date value set by code gets ignored by combo's list when opened

11. Rich Text Box Problems Setting initial font

12. Putting a value from a combo box into a text box on a form