Placing control directly onto document.
Author Message
 Placing control directly onto document.

It is possible to place a control directly onto a Word document rather than
on to a form.
However if I do that with a List box the properties has no mention of
ControlSource or RowSource.

Is placing a control onto a document an acceptable thing to do, and if so
why are the properties different from the properties when it is on a  form?

many thanks

Rod

--

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:25:14 GMT
 Placing control directly onto document.

Quote:
> It is possible to place a control directly onto a Word document rather
than
> on to a form.

Affirmative.
Does this question cover yr real question? If not, kindly rephrase yr
question ...

Quote:
> why are the properties different from the properties when it is on a

form?
Controls have to communicate with their parent (object).
Several properties/methods are not supported by Documents whereas
they are in UserForms.

Krgrds,
Perry

Quote:
> It is possible to place a control directly onto a Word document rather
than
> on to a form.
> However if I do that with a List box the properties has no mention of
> ControlSource or RowSource.

> Is placing a control onto a document an acceptable thing to do, and if so
> why are the properties different from the properties when it is on a
form?

> many thanks

> Rod

> --

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 04:17:45 GMT
 Placing control directly onto document.

Quote:
> Hi Rod,

> > It is possible to place a control directly onto a Word document rather
> than
> > on to a form.
> Affirmative.
> Does this question cover yr real question? If not, kindly rephrase yr
> question ...

I have never found much documentation about putting controls directly onto
documents. (I previously succeeded in Visio)  I want to put a list box onto
a Word doc, but there does not seem to be a way of having a row source, so
am I right in thinking that my attempts will be futile.

Quote:
> > why are the properties different from the properties when it is on a
> form?
> Controls have to communicate with their parent (object).
> Several properties/methods are not supported by Documents whereas
> they are in UserForms.

> Krgrds,
> Perry

> > It is possible to place a control directly onto a Word document rather
> than
> > on to a form.
> > However if I do that with a List box the properties has no mention of
> > ControlSource or RowSource.

> > Is placing a control onto a document an acceptable thing to do, and if
so
> > why are the properties different from the properties when it is on a
> form?

> > many thanks

> > Rod

> > --

Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:50:21 GMT
 Placing control directly onto document.
Hi Rod,

Read my answer to another question on this
in another newsgroup regarding a ComboBox.
It will apply to a listbox as well.

Replace

Quote:
> AddOLEControl("Forms.ComboBox.1")

by
AddOLEControl("Forms.ListBox.1")

Previous msg between quote marks below

Krgrds,
Perry

<q>
Hi Dave,

Try something like

    Dim cbo
    Set cbo = Shapes.AddOLEControl("Forms.ComboBox.1")
    For x = 1 To 12
        cbo.OLEFormat.Object.AddItem "Person" & x
    Next

Krgrds,
Perry
<unq>

Quote:

> > Hi Rod,

> > > It is possible to place a control directly onto a Word document rather
> > than
> > > on to a form.
> > Affirmative.
> > Does this question cover yr real question? If not, kindly rephrase yr
> > question ...

> I have never found much documentation about putting controls directly onto
> documents. (I previously succeeded in Visio)  I want to put a list box
onto
> a Word doc, but there does not seem to be a way of having a row source, so
> am I right in thinking that my attempts will be futile.

> > > why are the properties different from the properties when it is on a
> > form?
> > Controls have to communicate with their parent (object).
> > Several properties/methods are not supported by Documents whereas
> > they are in UserForms.

> > Krgrds,
> > Perry

> > > It is possible to place a control directly onto a Word document rather
> > than
> > > on to a form.
> > > However if I do that with a List box the properties has no mention of
> > > ControlSource or RowSource.

> > > Is placing a control onto a document an acceptable thing to do, and if
> so
> > > why are the properties different from the properties when it is on a
> > form?

> > > many thanks

> > > Rod

> > > --

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 05:46:32 GMT
 Placing control directly onto document.
Thanks for this, it is what I needed to get me started.

Rod

Quote:
> Hi Rod,

> Read my answer to another question on this
> in another newsgroup regarding a ComboBox.
> It will apply to a listbox as well.

> Replace
> > AddOLEControl("Forms.ComboBox.1")
> by
> AddOLEControl("Forms.ListBox.1")

> Previous msg between quote marks below

> Krgrds,
> Perry

> <q>
> Hi Dave,

> Try something like

>     Dim cbo
>     Set cbo = Shapes.AddOLEControl("Forms.ComboBox.1")
>     For x = 1 To 12
>         cbo.OLEFormat.Object.AddItem "Person" & x
>     Next

> Krgrds,
> Perry
> <unq>

> > > Hi Rod,

> > > than
> > > Affirmative.
> > > Does this question cover yr real question? If not, kindly rephrase yr
> > > question ...

> > I have never found much documentation about putting controls directly
onto
> > documents. (I previously succeeded in Visio)  I want to put a list box
> onto
> > a Word doc, but there does not seem to be a way of having a row source,
so
> > am I right in thinking that my attempts will be futile.

> > > form?
> > > Controls have to communicate with their parent (object).
> > > Several properties/methods are not supported by Documents whereas
> > > they are in UserForms.

> > > Krgrds,
> > > Perry

> > > than

> > so
> > > form?

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:36:55 GMT

1. trouble placing label control onto form during runtime

2. DRAG an ATTACHMENT from an outlook incoming email message, ONTO a vb6 form directly

3. drag OUTLOOK Attachment file ONTO a vb6 form directly

4. how to gather html from several documents and place into one big document

5. Saving BMPs from Word documents directly/indirectly

6. Pass values directly into a Word Document from VB

7. Painting a Controls's Parent onto the Control himself

8. tab control - loading controls onto tabs in runtime

9. Autonumber in an Access Database to be placed in Word document

10. Hyperlink jumps to wrong place in same document

11. place xl data into the document

12. How do I place a value of variable within a document