Viewing a SQL Server image field in Access 97
Author Message
 Viewing a SQL Server image field in Access 97
I put BMP files into the server using ADO and AppendChunk.  I can get the
data out of the server and save as a BMP file again using GetChunk.

_However_, I can't seem to view this image on forms or reports.  I've tried
image controls, bound and unbound OLE controls and a variety of other
ActiveX controls w/ no luck.  Access gives me errors about communication w/
the server when trying to open the field in native table view.

What could be the culprit here.  I know that Access doesn't hold any
relation of the binary data to a BMP viewing program like Paint, so how
would I tell it to use something like the OLE class 'Paint.Picture' on forms
and reports.

It sounds like such an easy thing to accomplish, SQL images on forms, but no
luck here.

Thanks to all who can help me out.  I think this could be a common problem
w/ other programmers as well.

BTW, I'm using SQL Server 7 SP1 and Access97.  Nothing so special about
that.

// Dave Corun

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL-syntax SQL-Server 7.0 / Access 97

2. How to retrieve a bitmap-image from a SQL Server image field using ADO

3. Binding an Image control to an Image field in SQL Server

4. Binding an Image control to an Image field in SQL Server

5. view image on the SQL server

6. Access 97 to SQL Server 7.0 Conversion Problem

7. Access 97 and SQL Server 6.5

8. Saving embedded word 97 docs in Access db with linked SQL Server tables

9. INSERT INTO from SQL Server table into Access 97 table

10. Data Replication between SQL Server 7 and MS Access 97

11. VB6, SQL Server 7, and Access 97

12. Sample Databases for Access 97 and SQL Server