Reading form fields
Author Message
 Reading form fields

Hi,

I have written some VBA which loops through all the form
fields in a Word document, and assigns all their values to
an array. This loop is started when the user clicks a
Submit button on the document.

I would like to display a message box which tells the user
to 'please wait' whilst the loop is running (it is a long
form!). However, my problem is that when the loop is
running, the screen flickers as it scrolls through the
document.

Is there anyway to stop the document visibly scrolling /
screen flickering, whilst it's form fields are being read?

Many thanks for any help,
Martin

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:09:21 GMT
 Reading form fields
Maybe you could try this:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.StatusBar="Please Wait......"
*
*
Your code
*
*
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.StatusBar=" "

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have written some VBA which loops through all the form
> fields in a Word document, and assigns all their values to
> an array. This loop is started when the user clicks a
> Submit button on the document.

> I would like to display a message box which tells the user
> to 'please wait' whilst the loop is running (it is a long
> form!). However, my problem is that when the loop is
> running, the screen flickers as it scrolls through the
> document.

> Is there anyway to stop the document visibly scrolling /
> screen flickering, whilst it's form fields are being read?

> Many thanks for any help,
> Martin

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:34:05 GMT
 Reading form fields
Thanks very much! The 'ScreenUpdating' property certainly
gets rid of the screen flicker.

However, I was hoping to display a message box, or small
userform, with the "Please Wait" message. Although the
flicker has now gone, the message box becomes blurred and
unreadable.

I will keep looking into this- thanks again!

Martin

Quote:

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:59:42 GMT
 Reading form fields
Just a thought, I haven't tried it myself...

What if you display the status message FIRST, THEN turn off screen updating.
After all, if you turn off screen updating, then try to post a message on
the screen, you're sort of doing things back-asswards.

--
 Pete

(This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their auto-harvesters out
of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use
yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may
benefit from the exchange of ideas)

Quote:
> Thanks very much! The 'ScreenUpdating' property certainly
> gets rid of the screen flicker.

> However, I was hoping to display a message box, or small
> userform, with the "Please Wait" message. Although the
> flicker has now gone, the message box becomes blurred and
> unreadable.

> I will keep looking into this- thanks again!

> Martin

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 21:42:02 GMT
 Reading form fields
See my answer in microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

Please don't post the same question separately in different newsgroups. See
http://www.mvps.org/word/FindHelp/Posting.htm for the reason and the alternatives.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have written some VBA which loops through all the form
> fields in a Word document, and assigns all their values to
> an array. This loop is started when the user clicks a
> Submit button on the document.

> I would like to display a message box which tells the user
> to 'please wait' whilst the loop is running (it is a long
> form!). However, my problem is that when the loop is
> running, the screen flickers as it scrolls through the
> document.

> Is there anyway to stop the document visibly scrolling /
> screen flickering, whilst it's form fields are being read?

> Many thanks for any help,
> Martin

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:50:40 GMT

1. Reading form fields

2. Reading a field and using that field to place a number in another field

3. Changing a field to Read only when form sent if it contains data

4. Form Field Properties and how to read them ?

5. VBA reading a field form a query in Access

6. Need help reading Outlook keyword fields into Access field

7. Read HTML formatted data from database field, Insert Wordmerge fields, and save as Word document

8. Populate form fields from email Fields

9. Help!!! From form field to Word field

10. on entry form text field macro - year field

11. Problem when unprotecting a document with form field text fields

12. Starting query from a form (criterium being based on a text field in the form)