Compile Error : Automation Error
Author Message
 Compile Error : Automation Error

I'm working with an Access 97 database the works correctly until I reboot
the machine that runs the db.  After rebooting, I receive the error message
"Compile Error - Automation Error" when a piece of code attempts to declare
a database variable (dim db As Database).  I can restore the database and it
works fine . . . until I reboot the PC and then the error returns.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm getting tired of restoring.

Thanks

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Compile Error : Automation Error
Hi Ken,

Check under Tools/References for anything marked as Missing.  Uncheck any
such items if you find them.

If this is not the case, then try decompiling your database and importing
all objects into a new database.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:
: Anyone have any ideas?  I'm getting tired of restoring.
:
: Thanks

:
:

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Compile Error : Automation Error
I had this problem in this case :
I realise an application in Access 97. I copy some of my old Access 2.0
procedure and function and had them to a module. Then appears this horrible
message without any help.
Good luck but first be sure that all the reference are not missing.
Olivier

Ken Schram a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>I'm working with an Access 97 database the works correctly until I reboot
>the machine that runs the db.  After rebooting, I receive the error message
>"Compile Error - Automation Error" when a piece of code attempts to declare
>a database variable (dim db As Database).  I can restore the database and
it
>works fine . . . until I reboot the PC and then the error returns.

>Anyone have any ideas?  I'm getting tired of restoring.

>Thanks

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

2. Compile error: Automation error

3. Crystal error: error ocurred reading records: error in compiling sql expression

4. Compilation error: Automation Error (Error 440)

5. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

6. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

7. Automation error only when compiled

8. Automation Error with Winsock OCX on NT 4 -- compiled with VB6 (SP5)

9. Automation Error 438 when running a compiled VB program

10. Automation Error with Winsock OCX on NT 4 -- compiled with VB6 (SP5)

11. Error message: Compile error in hidden module

12. Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)