How to enforce autonew on Document1?
Author Message
 How to enforce autonew on Document1?

I wanted go grow habit of doing a few things before working on a new
document, such as putting in the document summary information and
saving as a file, by setting up a autonew macro.

However, i've realized that the very first document upon running Word
- Document 1 - escapes from autonew macro. Since Document 1 is just as
much a new document, i think it should fall under the influence of
autonew macro.

Is there any way to achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:11:36 GMT
 How to enforce autonew on Document1?
Hi DJKim,

There are a few possibilities:
- Write an autonew macro in normal.dot (not recommended)
- Start Word without a new document (winword.exe /n)
- Write an addin with an autoexec macro that runs when you start Word. In
this routine add a new document based on a specific macro that contains your
autonew macro.
- Start Word with the file new dialog showing so the user is prompted to
choose a template (c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe"
/mFileNew)

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> I wanted go grow habit of doing a few things before working on a new
> document, such as putting in the document summary information and
> saving as a file, by setting up a autonew macro.

> However, i've realized that the very first document upon running Word
> - Document 1 - escapes from autonew macro. Since Document 1 is just as
> much a new document, i think it should fall under the influence of
> autonew macro.

> Is there any way to achieve it?

> Thanks in advance.

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:48:21 GMT
 How to enforce autonew on Document1?
How do you configure Word to start without opening a new document?
That is, how do you send along the "/n" parameter? I've been trying to
tweak the shortcut to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

> Hi DJKim,

> There are a few possibilities:
> - Write an autonew macro in normal.dot (not recommended)
> - Start Word without a new document (winword.exe /n)
> - Write an addin with an autoexec macro that runs when you start Word. In
> this routine add a new document based on a specific macro that contains your
> autonew macro.
> - Start Word with the file new dialog showing so the user is prompted to
> choose a template (c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe"
> /mFileNew)

> Hope this helps,
> regards,
> Astrid

> So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
> the newsgroup.
> Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

> > I wanted go grow habit of doing a few things before working on a new
> > document, such as putting in the document summary information and
> > saving as a file, by setting up a autonew macro.

> > However, i've realized that the very first document upon running Word
> > - Document 1 - escapes from autonew macro. Since Document 1 is just as
> > much a new document, i think it should fall under the influence of
> > autonew macro.

> > Is there any way to achieve it?

> > Thanks in advance.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:44:00 GMT

1. Error in opening word with Document1

2. Form Executed from userform, is behind document1, why?

3. How run AutoNew in a template in a webbrowser

4. AutoNew Macro

5. AutoNew: Run macro when new drawing is created?

6. Word VBA AutoNew macros fail to start

7. UserForm to AutoNew

8. autoexec/autonew/customdocument properties

9. AutoNew UserForm comes up before document?

10. Programmatically create new document and NOT run AutoNew?

11. Autonew macro prompt

12. template question/normal.dot/autonew macro