Error access VB from Code Builder
Author Message
 Error access VB from Code Builder

To anyone who has had this problem. I am
working on a field on a form and want to
build VB code as an after update function.
However, when I select Build Code, I am
given an Error Box saying "Error Accessing
File. Network Connection May Have Been Logs."
However, my file nor my software are on
our network. They are on my hard drive.
I have seen this message a few other times
while building this database, but it never affected
what I was trying to do. I have seen it when I tried to
use the wizard on a button, but I decided to build macros
instead. Now though, when I hit ok, it doesn't allow me to
use VB. The VB screen just goes completely blank, but the
database is still there. Has anyone experienced this. Oh,
I tried running my database off the Office 2000 disk, and
it did the same thing, so I don't think it is the software.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Jocelyn

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:46:52 GMT
 Error access VB from Code Builder
Check the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304548

If the version of your file VBE6.dll matches the version on the article, you
may want to contact Microsoft support for a hot fix.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

Quote:
> To anyone who has had this problem. I am
> working on a field on a form and want to
> build VB code as an after update function.
> However, when I select Build Code, I am
> given an Error Box saying "Error Accessing
> File. Network Connection May Have Been Logs."
> However, my file nor my software are on
> our network. They are on my hard drive.
> I have seen this message a few other times
> while building this database, but it never affected
> what I was trying to do. I have seen it when I tried to
> use the wizard on a button, but I decided to build macros
> instead. Now though, when I hit ok, it doesn't allow me to
> use VB. The VB screen just goes completely blank, but the
> database is still there. Has anyone experienced this. Oh,
> I tried running my database off the Office 2000 disk, and
> it did the same thing, so I don't think it is the software.
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Jocelyn

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:15:21 GMT

1. Code Builders for Access 97

2. Class Builder Utility for Access (like in VB)?

3. VB 3.0 Access 2.0 Strange unknown error code on dynaset.update

4. ERROR Code 0x80004005 : ERROR Code 0xfee670 : ERROR 1157

5. Query Builder or SQL Builder

6. Access 97 to Access 200 converting Error Code Handling

7. Calling SQL Builder from code

8. Invoking Query Builder From Code?

9. Sample Code Needed to Compress a MS Access file from code in a VB 6 program