Register ActiveX Control
Author Message
 Register ActiveX Control

How do you Register ActiveX Control(s) with code?
I have an Access mde that uses the Common Dialog Control (COMDLG32.OCX)
but not all users will have it registered.  I'd like to trap the err and
have the control
register for them making the error transparent to the user.

ToddP

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Register ActiveX Control
Hi Todd,

    You can load the dll using LoadLibrary and then call DLLRegisterServer.
Another method that I learned from Terry Kreft is to temporarily create a
new module from code and insert some constructed strings that declare the
same API and then use Application.Run to execute that function.

  However, due to the various version incompatibility issues, it's not
recommended to distribute that particular control and instead, use the API
functions directly.

    -- Dev

: How do you Register ActiveX Control(s) with code?
: I have an Access mde that uses the Common Dialog Control (COMDLG32.OCX)
: but not all users will have it registered.  I'd like to trap the err and
: have the control
: register for them making the error transparent to the user.
:
: ToddP

:
:
:

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Register ActiveX Control
How are you goiing to register the file if it does not exist on the target
machine?

I would use the distribution wizard in the ODE to create a setup routine
which contains the required files. If a specific machine cannot run the
Active X control then they run the setup routine interactively.

Quote:

> How do you Register ActiveX Control(s) with code?
> I have an Access mde that uses the Common Dialog Control (COMDLG32.OCX)
> but not all users will have it registered.  I'd like to trap the err and
> have the control
> register for them making the error transparent to the user.

> ToddP

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. REGISTERING ACTIVEX CONTROLS ON WEB PAGES

2. Registering ActiveX Controls for NT

3. REGISTERING ACTIVEX CONTROLS ON WEB PAGES

4. Registering ActiveX control

5. Problems Registering ActiveX Control

6. Problem with registering ActiveX-Controls

7. registering ActiveX controls??????

8. Problems Registering ActiveX Control

9. Help! with registering ActiveX controls

10. How to register activex control using eVB and eVC

11. register activex control for use in eVB

12. ActiveX Control-Registering on User Machine